Home

Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12

This is a discussion on Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12

Whats so hard about giving players a schedule and having them play that at anytime rather than week by week like 2k basketball does it or the Madden 2009 Leagues did it. Scheduling problems eliminated. Or stop making a garbage product and more people will play. Or stop making the game easier and your fan base wont continue to drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #42
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamist
still not going to buy this yrs game, sorry but no update to Online Franchise is an upgrade of Madden 11 in my eyes, pretty much all I see is an upgraded of players, and the fixed exploits, and bugs... yea they added new stuff for Offline Franchise but come on, they could had add that as a 800 MS Pts through xbox... Maybe its time to change it up and add a update to madden 12 and have us pay 1200 MS pts for it for ONLINE Franchise which than they will be making more money because of the add on..

So in my eyes, all they did was a roster patch, and fixed exploits, and bugs that M11 had... not worth 60$ will probably wait for black friday which it will probably be dropped to 39.99...

My eyes are on this yr Fifa 12, Gears of War, and possibly 2k... Was going to buy NCAA and madden but to me was an upgraded game of rosters, and they tried to fix the bugs, and exploits of both yrs of games...

Which is easier to dl the rosters... Thanks again EA but I dont play online PVP because of the fact of Nano's and cheezers that use QB's that just run the ball all the time... whats the point, thats why we set up leagues to play people we know, Had a league set up we played 10 and 11 and had 5+ yrs going.. 15+ people in our league...
Come on dude... it's fine that a lot of people wish they had updated online franchise more, but it isn't the end of the world. People have been waiting for offline franchise to get updated since this was on the original XBox, and there's no way in hell what they've added could just be added as DLC. They've made drastic changes to the offline franchise and from the sound of it, player tendencies and ratings as well. Plus the tackling has been improved big time as well.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

This will make me unpopular, but I think they probably contemplated making substantial changes to online franchise and realized it wouldn't work.

Changing any one thing probably involves changing whatever that one thing interacts with. In the case of online franchise, I think the devs were unable to do anything terribly exciting without some kind of domino effect.

Adding communities is a separate project. It's a noticeable change that may not interact too much with other code elements. Talking about "priorities" in this context makes it sound like all changes are equally complex, when that just isn't the case.

I've tried to make changes in how we do things where I work, and sometimes really important changes that I know would make our clients happier are just not possible in the short term. Not unless we're willing to break a lot of our functional systems, anyway.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #44
Rookie

In the end, where is the difference between OTP and my PSN Buddylist?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #45
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Sooo, it seems like people aren't having a hard time scheduling OD games in NCAA. I'm just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #46
Rookie

Excuse me as I clean the bull**** dripping off this post and onto my key board. This is the biggest crock I've ever read. This is the BIG announcement? Online Communities?! This is the most ******** update in Madden since they came out with those player speciality categories that lasted a year. How can you not change Online Franchise AT ALL?! NCAA has had a FLAWLESS ONLINE DYNASTY for FOUR YEARS NOW. The reason nobody plays Online Franchise in Madden is the same reason nobody played Online Team Play - BECAUSE IT SUCKS!!!!!!! How can you put a unfinished product our there, keep it out there for three years, AND NOT CHANGE IT?! It's an EMBARRASSMENT that a professional company can do such a thing. I've never been so frustrated. The Online Team Play mode was a joke last year too. The games weren't ranked, there were no clubs, and the matchmaking was atrocious! You had to find a team in a chat room then invite everybody to play and hope it all came together! C'mon! That's horrible! EA should fire the entire Madden staff and pay the NCAA guys double time to work on it.

I love the NFL, but I play NCAA because the Online Dynasty is the best game mode in any sporting game. I've been waiting for a good Online Franchise for years, and every year - ugatz. But you know what's worse that EA doing this year after year? Us going out there and buying it. Im 25 years old. I've been playing Madden since I was in grade school. I've constantly attended midnight releases. This year I AM NOT DOING IT! I'm done! I'll play NCCA all year long. Can you remember the last time there was a general overall positive vibe prior to the Madden release, because I can't. Make a stand, hold strong, and don't buy it.

Attention Mods - I know my post was a little harsh, but it had to be said. I apologize if i've offended anybody other than the EA Sports Madden Development team.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #47
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcapedwonder
Can you remember the last time there was a general overall positive vibe prior to the Madden release, because I can't.
Yes... pretty much every single year people look forward to Madden, hence the midnight releases that you yourself mentioned...
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-26-2011, 12:58 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
What would you like me to call Anthony on here? He's not the one that made the sole decision to not update Franchise mode. My analysis after is not really hard hitting or really combative in nature in this case either. They know they are/will take heat for not updating Franchise mode.

And this isn't me being defensive here either, by all means tell me what you think you would want to see more out of with certain interviews?
Since you asked. I would like someone to challenge EA next time they mention "the numbers" when it comes to online franchise. Well of course the numbers suck it was a completely unfinished feature/mode. It is not bare bones it is completely incomplete; what does EA expect the numbers to look like. That would be like NCAA calling something online dynasty without recruiting. I would like someone to ask them if they think the low utilization to what they call online Franchise is because it is really not a franchise mode at all!

I think the designer from EA missed the whole point of online franchise. It is more than a couple of friends getting together. It is about getting together with people you know and or like and building a team year after year. It is about a whole new level of immersion. It is the whole point of a franchise mode whether online or offline.

Every time I hear about the numbers I want to scream. Make an actual online franchise and then lets see what the numbers are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »