Home

The OS Madden review is coming and OS's alleged bias.

This is a discussion on The OS Madden review is coming and OS's alleged bias. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 12:47 PM   #25
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: The OS Madden review is coming and OS\'s alleged bias.

Quote:

mazhirui said:
Just ban him, please. We don't need his negativity. He contributes nothing positive to the site or the boards so no one will miss him. You guys put too much effort into maintaining the best sports gaming website there is to have to listen to his bs.

Take the words right out of my mouth.

Heck we even brought the Cell back where people can take one week vacations from the site to consider if they still want to be part of this community.

Of course this is not my battle and I will let Eddie continue trying to hammer some sense into PS2 although it seems to be doing no good and we should just lock the thread and move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 12:48 PM   #26
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

no

i want an answer

if you have the balls to say something bad about the site then have the balls to come out and say why you are still here after all the heartache we have caused

once thats done i will let this thread die
Old 09-05-2003, 12:50 PM   #27
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
with all the bad things that happen here, with the staff constantly agaisnt you, what is it that makes you stay and continue to be pummeled by the nazi mods? Why did you email me asking to be given a second chance? is the information you get here worth the trouble?

they are not always, but my point is the rules are stretched.not followed if the mods disagree in principle
with the poster

it is not just me

it is with anyone. do you NOT see this?

that being said, it is not as if it is that bad that i would not post here or read the boards for info

i don't see why or how you think i am bashing the boards???

Old 09-05-2003, 12:50 PM   #28
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Haha, well surely if you don't want him to hide behind his anonymity OS could post his email address so we could all deluge his inbox with spam.

Just kidding. I just don't see why you guys should have to put up with any of this. We know the truth, why do you care what he thinks?
Old 09-05-2003, 12:56 PM   #29
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

aholbert32 said:
Ive been reading a few posts comlaining about the fact that the Madden review is not up and claiming that it is probably becuase OS has an ESPN bias. So I felt I should respond.

1. OS has never and does not currently favor any football game. The mods and reviewers may each personally prefer a game but there isnt a OS movement to make people buy ESPN or Madden.

2. Last year people said that OS had a 2k3 bias and then the site rated Madden higher. Now im not saying that will happen this year but if your gonna claim we have a bias please support it with proof.

3. There are multiple reason why the Madden review isnt up. First, OS has always been the last to post reviews. Why? Because we play the hell out of most games before we do a review. On the few times, that we are able to post a review early or as soon as it comes out, its because someone on our staff got a preview copy. That was the case this year with ESPN and why the review is up all ready.

In every other case, the reviewer has to buy the game and we usually wait multiple weeks before doing a review. Then when you add in the facts that every reviewer has a full time job, family obligations and that we are doing a Madden "doubletake" which involves two reviewers, it is taking a little while to complete the review. An example is NCAA which came out in July and we just posted the review a few weeks ago.

The Madden review should be ready sometime next week

where here does it say OS had a copy for months?

I don't think it does.

My comment was based on this quote, and after reading it seemed hypocritical.

You have explained why/how you were able to play for weeks, and now it makes sense.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? I am not bashing the site, simply calling them as I see them.

If the Mods call call me a moron b/c I point out Madden completely dropped the ball on uni's, can't I post my opinions.

Or is this a one sided forum, in which those who have the "mod" tag dictate what is discussed. I was thought they were here to reallocated posts, and inforce the rules.

Not change avatars and stir things up.

Maybe I was wrong.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:08 PM   #30
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Bacardi, he's beyond logic or reason at this point. Just ban him, you know you want to!
Old 09-05-2003, 01:09 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

ps2baseball said:
Quote:

aholbert32 said:
Ive been reading a few posts comlaining about the fact that the Madden review is not up and claiming that it is probably becuase OS has an ESPN bias. So I felt I should respond.

1. OS has never and does not currently favor any football game. The mods and reviewers may each personally prefer a game but there isnt a OS movement to make people buy ESPN or Madden.

2. Last year people said that OS had a 2k3 bias and then the site rated Madden higher. Now im not saying that will happen this year but if your gonna claim we have a bias please support it with proof.

3. There are multiple reason why the Madden review isnt up. First, OS has always been the last to post reviews. Why? Because we play the hell out of most games before we do a review. On the few times, that we are able to post a review early or as soon as it comes out, its because someone on our staff got a preview copy. That was the case this year with ESPN and why the review is up all ready.

In every other case, the reviewer has to buy the game and we usually wait multiple weeks before doing a review. Then when you add in the facts that every reviewer has a full time job, family obligations and that we are doing a Madden "doubletake" which involves two reviewers, it is taking a little while to complete the review. An example is NCAA which came out in July and we just posted the review a few weeks ago.

The Madden review should be ready sometime next week

where here does it say OS had a copy for months?

Read #3:
...On the few times, that we are able to post a review early or as soon as it comes out, its because someone on our staff got a preview copy. That was the case this year with ESPN and why the review is up all ready

To Everyone else... there will always be someone complaining about one thing or another. You can ban them, but there will be many more to take their place. Simply ignoring them is most effective. Eventually, they'll get tired of arguing with themselves and leave.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 01:13 PM   #32
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

all i will say is this...

1. you come off as a pain in the ***, you get treated as a pain in the ***.

2. you gripe about little nitpicky stuff, the first time, it may be cute...after that, it's just mad boring and not needed.

3. the mods are human too and will think the way they think, but look at everything in an objective way. people just don't realize what they do on here may be wrong andf the mods have to do their job in order for OS to be a great place to be.

4. OS is not biased in any game. people always say this is a Sega/VC site. nah uh. if that was the case, Madden wouldn't have gotten a higher score on here than 2K3.

what is there that cannot be comprehended?

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »