Home

The REAL reason Madden is pushed back 3 weeks

This is a discussion on The REAL reason Madden is pushed back 3 weeks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
The REAL reason Madden is pushed back 3 weeks

More time to improve the game? Not a chance
To be closer to the regular season? Nope

Answer: Its all about the EA sports milk u dry ticket. Why not push the game back 3 weeks, to build even more anticipation for the game, which they will now provide to you 3 days early for the low price of $25. If it came out on the same Tuesday that it does every year (2nd Tuesday in August) there wouldn't be as much of a desire to buy this ticket garbage. Its quite the strategy by EA.

Last edited by AirLobo23; 08-05-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The REAL reason Madden is pushed back 3 weeks

I actually like the new release date.. It comes out a couple of days after I start back up at college so.. it gives me something to do before classes get to demanding and I haven't already been playing it for 3 weeks and am bored of it by the time I go back.

Besides.. the ticket affects 5 games. I don't think this Madden release date is all about that season ticket thing.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
So when the game comes out next year about 1 year after this one, what does that do to your theory?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
More time to improve the game? Not a chance
To be closer to the regular season? Nope

Answer: Its all about the EA sports milk u dry ticket. Why not push the game back 3 weeks, to build even more anticipation for the game, which they will now provide to you 3 days early for the low price of $25. If it came out on the same Tuesday that it does every year (2nd Tuesday in August) there wouldn't be as much of a desire to buy this ticket garbage. Its quite the strategy by EA.
The REAL reason is because of the CBA situation and also for the game to come out closer to the start of the regular season. It makes more sense for them to wait a few weeks to release the game too, because that way they don't have to make so many changes to the rosters when the game comes out because before you had a month in between madden and the start of the season and when rosters are cut to 53.

This also gives people more time to play NCAA, which to me has always been an issue and the reason why more people didn't play NCAA games, not enough time between the two games release. I highly expect them to keep this release date for future Madden's.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
So when the game comes out next year about 1 year after this one, what does that do to your theory?
+1

It amazes me how silly and childish this board has gotten, and some of the threads. I have made my share of mistakes and dumb posts, but things have reeeeaaaally gotten silly over the years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

1) It gives the NCAA game more time on the market w/o Madden damaging sales.
2) Donny doesn't have to deal with a ton of preseason roster moves. Preseason rosters were ridiculous anyways.
3) It allows more time for developers to squash bugs found in NCAA that apply to Madden (Super Sim, for example [Thank you, Adembroski!]).

As for the reasons the OP brought up? /40FootPole
Old 08-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Well if EA does the season ticket again next year, which they will, then it reinforces his theory. Of course they moved back Madden to build more anticipation and to also sell more of these season tickets. You just have to see that.

The only other theory that makes since, and it wouldn't be the sole reason to move back the release date of Madden, is that they wanted to give NCAA more time to be the new football game on the market.

Either way you slice it, it has nothing to do with rosters or sorting out more bugs, it is money/marketing driven.

Not hating on EA, I would do the same thing because they are going to make a fortune off this season ticket. Alot of people won't say they will buy it, but wait until the weekend before Madden comes out and see how many people are on these boards that have downloaded the full game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #8
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Just another attempt to troll.

Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »