Home

Dynamic Player Performance Question

This is a discussion on Dynamic Player Performance Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Dynamic Player Performance Question

I know a few people who are on these boards have played the game and yet I haven't heard too much about this feature. To me this feature has me pretty excited about the game.

For those who have played it, was this feature noticeable and did it seem to work properly?

Also, will be able to see this working in the demo next week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Dynamic Player Performance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I know a few people who are on these boards have played the game and yet I haven't heard too much about this feature. To me this feature has me pretty excited about the game.

For those who have played it, was this feature noticeable and did it seem to work properly?

Also, will be able to see this working in the demo next week?
It is in the demo so we should be able to see it then.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

Its a Gimmick. It will be broke or nothing.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Troll. I think its going to be outstanding. A great concept where every game is going to be different. It will help replay value immensely.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I believe DPP is going to be a great addtition to gameplay and all. I'm hoping it will help show who is the better player and not. I'm looking forward to see how it will work. I'm thinking it should be in the demo. Which we should find out in a few more days from now. The DDP should affect how the players play and all. It's going to be very interesting tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Its like gameplay we won't know how it is until we play it. This feature has me excited as well.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I believe DPP is going to be a great addtition to gameplay and all. I'm hoping it will help show who is the better player and not. I'm looking forward to see how it will work. I'm thinking it should be in the demo. Which we should find out in a few more days from now. The DDP should affect how the players play and all. It's going to be very interesting tho.

ARent the players ratings supposed to affect performance? There was a time when using Manning or Brady vs. Tavaris Jackson or some other scrub was a big difference. I hate now how some 3rd string QB in franchise mode will go 31/35 with 3 TD's and 400 yards....happens way too much. I don't know if DPP was supposed to fix this or not.

That said, I'm going on record now....DPP will be the biggest hype/do nothing feature we've seen in years.
How will you know if it's working? I get varied performances now, I get hot and cold streaks now...it may be coincidental but it happens. I also get great stats from Manning and Brady when I use them vs some other guy. I see all the differences now (it's just that the cpu has way too many good games with marginal players).
It will do nothing at best and at worst will totally screw up games with ridiculous hot and cold streaks.
Now I know...wait and see.....but this is just a prediction. I've been thinking about it all offseason and just don't see how they could make this work.
Player ratings should already do what they want DPP to do now. A great QB should play great. Just the fact that he'll play better automatically makes him play better in the clutch than the average guy (he'll complete more passes, take less sacks, throw less ints. etc.).
My biggest fear is that you'll get robo QB to the max now. Imagine Brady on a hot streak completing 28 passes in a row....oy.....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »