Home

To all bashing Madden 12's kicking meter. . .

This is a discussion on To all bashing Madden 12's kicking meter. . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: To all bashing Madden 12's kicking meter. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I just wish there was an auto-kick feature. Once you know how to kick/are used to the kicking meter, you will rarely miss a FG. Obviously we would want the game tuned correctly so good kickers aren't missing all the time, or bad kickers can't make an XP to save their lives.

Also, on the topic of kicking, I would like to see botched snaps/holds in the game. While rare, they should happen. While frustrating for the player it happens to, it would be a really cool wrinkle added to the game. "True to the game" and "Everything you see on Sunday" are silly tag lines as it is, but more so when these things are omitted.
This is why I think we should have the add an additional button press to the kicking system to represent the holder catching and placing the football. It would be like one click for the snap, one click for cath/place, and then the two clicks for the power and accuracy. If timed incorrectly, the kick may take longer/throw off the player's timing and maybe we will actually see a legitimate field goal block in madden. If horribly timed, it could just result in a fumble.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like this years kicking meter more then last years, but i still prefer the right stick one. I wish we could have an option to switch between those two.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Rookie

JHolsinger's Arena

OVR: 0

Completely agree, the kicking needs to be more challenging than it has been in past years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I just wish there was an auto-kick feature. Once you know how to kick/are used to the kicking meter, you will rarely miss a FG. Obviously we would want the game tuned correctly so good kickers aren't missing all the time, or bad kickers can't make an XP to save their lives.

Also, on the topic of kicking, I would like to see botched snaps/holds in the game. While rare, they should happen. While frustrating for the player it happens to, it would be a really cool wrinkle added to the game. "True to the game" and "Everything you see on Sunday" are silly tag lines as it is, but more so when these things are omitted.
The autokick meter would have to make it manual for 2 minute warning. That way you are fully in control of crunch time....

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

It looks the same to me except last years was a straight bar and this year it's curved. I just press a when It gets near the red and then press A when it goes back to the green. Am I doing it wrong???
Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #14
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
The autokick meter would have to make it manual for 2 minute warning. That way you are fully in control of crunch time....
Why? That would defeat the purpose. I am of the opinion that kicking in Madden is too easy. It's almost 100% money once you have any idea what you are doing. There is no tension if you know you are pretty much going to make it. I want to feel more like the HC when I send my kicker out there. See if he is going to be Adam Vinatieri or Mike Vanderjagt.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Love the old school meter and the camera angles.....my oh my the new camera angles.

Really looking like an NFL broadcast more and more. They really nailed that this year.

This demo has me giddy!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #16
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

i'll get used to it but i liked the meter from 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »