Home

Do people still really play on Normal speed?

This is a discussion on Do people still really play on Normal speed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #97
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Do people still really play on Normal speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Lol, the NFL is fast, but Madden is faster than the NFL. Is that too difficult for people to understand? I guess it is.
To be honest, I havent played in the NFL, but I did play football since the age of 6 and on into Junior college and blew my knees and I can tell you that the adjustment to faster speeds at diffrent levels, take patience and desire, but you dont miss what you never had.

Oh and I almost forgot to LOL.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #98
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

"Very slow" is the way to go for me.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Lol, the NFL is fast, but Madden is faster than the NFL. Is that too difficult for people to understand? I guess it is.
For people that think FBs can run a 4.5, because "the game is fast", I guess it would be hard to understand.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #100
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Well there's proof right here in this thread that says playing on normal and fast gives the most realistic results, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with this. Slow isn't realistic. Simple as that.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #101
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
For people that think FBs can run a 4.5, because "the game is fast", I guess it would be hard to understand.
I'm not sure where this FB's running 4.5 thing came from, since that particular test was basically confirmed to be bunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #102
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I will play on whatever speed the game is harder on... slow probably adds fluidity to the run game, but the thing is- I agree the "arcade element" I've seen in Madden so far doesn't come from game speed. It comes from the fact as CC said- that the players move to far in one stride. They need to take the yard lines, and add more space between them...aka lengthen the the field, WITHOUT tweaking the animations (even though they're funny). A yard should simply take more space. I get a ton of 10 play drives because 5 yard slants go for a constant 12 yards. The timing is there, if the field art was different. I simply want to be on offense for more plays and have to think more when I play
Old 08-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #103
Rookie

Nashvillain15's Arena

I haven't tried slow speed yet... but I will. However I just want to point out a lot of you slow speed enthusiast are pretty much saying you like slow speed because its easier.

When you have more time to read the defense or find holes everything is a lot easier. Instead on normal its going to be quick decisions and it will be more difficult. I honestly have no problems finding the holes on normal speed... but maybe just maybe I can find even more holes on slow speed.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #104
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
I'm not sure where this FB's running 4.5 thing came from, since that particular test was basically confirmed to be bunk.

Who proved this not to be true?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »