Home

No more QB deep drop complaints?

This is a discussion on No more QB deep drop complaints? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: No more QB deep drop complaints?

Nice video, so what happens is Aaron Rodgers runs around for however long like that, then he throws it down the field, but it doesn't get to the los so it's intentional grounding. Now, what happens next is pretty ''sim'', his fatigue bar turns gray which means he's fatigued, meaning he doesn't have the stamina or strength to throw the ball like normal and probably can't run around very fast.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
You're gonna need the speakers to hear the commentary. To make a long story short, check Aaron Rodgers fatigue after the penalty.

Later
Seems a little misleading to me. Most people that take advantage of the deep drop back won't scramble around for 50-60 yards and then try to throw the ball. The do it just enough to mitigate that pass rush and still be accurate with the football. It can and has been done all game without the qb getting tired. People do because there is no penalty with the Qb mechanics.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHolsinger
The problem with drop backs is you can drop 15 yds and throw a 30 yd pass right on the money, when really your accuracy should be reduced significantly.
With the elite throw on the run qb's this year maybe, but your accuracy really drops when you go to a guy like colt mccoy or derek anderson. Watch the Youtube videos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
The problem with drop backs is you can drop 15 yds and throw a 30 yd pass right on the money, when really your accuracy should be reduced significantly.
My RL buddy Eric is notorious for this... if this has been fixed this year I CANT WAIT to play him on XBlive for the first time!

Oh... and uhmm... its good for Madden/Realism... blah blah
Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Yeah, the issue as it's typically put by folks here at OS who object to the way the game allows QBs to drop back too far is not exactly addressed in the video. It's not clear that the ball took an exorbitant amount of time to reach its destination after the long drop on the previous play.

The drops people object to aren't the 70 yard sort that you've captured here; they're the 20 yard sort that don't seem to carry a penalty to the QB's accuracy and that don't seem to respect the fact that QBs shouldn't be able to drop back as quickly as defenders can pursue them in forward gear.

It's good to know that 70 yard QB runs (or whatever the exact distance was) will tucker QBs out, but I think this video misses the point.

On a side note, I definitely like your broadcast tone and approach, and I'm a believer in those kinds of strategic/situational videos you've got up on YouTube. You're right that the strategy stuff doesn't get nearly enough attention/discussion here.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
I did the trig to figure out how far these passes actually are that receive the most complaints... QB's with really strong arms can throw about 65 yards. Most of the passes we see complaints about (cross field, downfield, etc) are shorter than 55 yards. Well within the range of an accurate passer to throw a dart into tight 1-on-1 coverage. A less accurate passer could be expected to complete the pass when the receiver has separation.

That said... For years, people have argued that fatigue was one of the factors that made sprinting around less realistic. I'm hoping this calms their fears.

<---- Fingers crossed.

Later
Old 08-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #15
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

This is kinda the problem as I see it. People complain about realism and non-sense in EA football games but then a video like this comes out showing how EA is taking steps towards cheesers...

Why is this even an issue about running back 50 yards? I mean seriously. I am embarrassed to say I play the same game as people that would even think of doing that as an effective strategy.

But what really bothers me is I feel EA is hand-cuffed by people that would think to. Which is so sad because it hurts the development of game play for EA by having to constantly worry that if they add something to game play, how will it affect Online Play Now? I honestly think that is where the root of the issue is when it comes to game play flaws.

Example:
You guys really can't have both worlds. The Wildcat pass not being able to scramble reduces cheesers but takes away realism.

Stuff like this shouldn't even be addressed by EA. If people want to do crap like that then fine. But don't program the game around those who try and cheat. It is not fair for the offline players like myself or people that do want to play as close to real football as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
This is kinda the problem as I see it. People complain about realism and non-sense in EA football games but then a video like this comes out showing how EA is taking steps towards cheesers...

Why is this even an issue about running back 50 yards? I mean seriously. I am embarrassed to say I play the same game as people that would even think of doing that as an effective strategy.

But what really bothers me is I feel EA is hand-cuffed by people that would think to. Which is so sad because it hurts the development of game play for EA by having to constantly worry that if they add something to game play, how will it affect Online Play Now? I honestly think that is where the root of the issue is when it comes to game play flaws.

Example:
You guys really can't have both worlds. The Wildcat pass not being able to scramble reduces cheesers but takes away realism.

Stuff like this shouldn't even be addressed by EA. If people want to do crap like that then fine. But don't program the game around those who try and cheat. It is not fair for the offline players like myself or people that do want to play as close to real football as possible.

The real issue of why this works has to do with OL/DL line interaction, or lack thereof, and how the pocket forms, or doesn't form, in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »