Home

Fantasy Draft Franchise Plan

This is a discussion on Fantasy Draft Franchise Plan within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fantasy Draft Franchise Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
I always go for youth (about 90% of my players are 23 and under), with the primary attributes I prefer being strength/size for my lines and raw speed and quickness for my other positions. Awareness is not important if they have A potential, as that attribute will progress exponentially compared to most other attributes. I also try to get as many Bama players as I can, as well. Been planning mine out over the past couple weeks:

QB: Jake Locker 74
RB: Mark Ingram
FB: Le'Ron McClain 90
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: Dexter McCluster 74
TE: Jermaine Gresham 80
OT: Andre Smith 76
OT: James Carpenter
OG: Anthony Davis
OG: Michael Jasper (375 pounder, LOL)
C: Maurkice Pouncey 88 (OVR can't be right though, especially since his brother is only a 79 and was drafted higher)

DE: Jason Pierre-Paul
DE: Sergio Kindle 70 (at LB, but will be high 70s when moved to DE)
DT: Marcell Dareus 82
DT: Terrence Cody 71 (will be my 3-4 NT, as well)
OLB: Von Miller 79
OLB: Sean Weatherspoon
MLB: Rolando McClain 82
CB: Vontae Davis 87
CB: Patrick Peterson
SS: Earl Thomas
FS: Taylor Mays

PR: Percy Harvin
KR: Percy and Dexter McCluster

I won't be able to get all these guys through the fantasy draft alone, but I will be able to through trades. I like to draft stars/elite players with my first 3-5 picks and trade them away for young talent and picks.

Draft picks for 2012 that I'm going to try to get will be Trent Richardson to reunite with Ingram in the backfield and Dont'a Hightower to also reunite with Rolando.
See your team is a prime example of why the Fantasy Draft logic needs to be fixed in Madden. Young players with high potential (Julio Jones, Von Miller, Ingram) should go earlier than they really do. Madden does not take age/potential into account when drafting. It basically goes down the line in Overall Rating. Last year you wouldn't see someone like Sam Bradford go in the 1 or 2nd round. Even tho a talent like that should be taken high as QB's are at a premium. It's kind of like in NBA 2k how you would see John Wall go off the board before older veterans like Ray Allen etc...

Also, every year you can make a cheat sheet of which players will be available when. Never fails. You can mark down that Player X will be here at round 5...
NCAA - Ohio State - NC State
Old 08-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #18
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fantasy Draft Franchise Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
See your team is a prime example of why the Fantasy Draft logic needs to be fixed in Madden. Young players with high potential (Julio Jones, Von Miller, Ingram) should go earlier than they really do. Madden does not take age/potential into account when drafting. It basically goes down the line in Overall Rating. Last year you wouldn't see someone like Sam Bradford go in the 1 or 2nd round. Even tho a talent like that should be taken high as QB's are at a premium. It's kind of like in NBA 2k how you would see John Wall go off the board before older veterans like Ray Allen etc...

Also, every year you can make a cheat sheet of which players will be available when. Never fails. You can mark down that Player X will be here at round 5...
Yeah it's why I don't like fantasy draft. Way too easy to just load up on young players and then it's a forgone conclusion your team will develop into a monster. There's no challenge to it at all unless you're playing vs 31 other ppl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »