Home

Would YOU use this play Online or vs CPU?

This is a discussion on Would YOU use this play Online or vs CPU? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Would YOU use this play Online or vs CPU?

http://youtu.be/tagsj04K_X4?hd=1

It's a quickpass that is very deadly. So for the people that come to this site would you use a play like this? State if you play Online or vs CPU and also state Yes or No.

Also i am curious to know, if you're the type of person that finds things like this play ruin the game, what type of knowledge would you be looking for from other people?

I do not know much about people that play offline, i do not have any friends that play offline so it would be interesting to know more.

If you find this play a cheap tactic that is fine (because that is a more than fair statement), please just don't bash. This thread is about me trying to learn more about a community i am not familiar with.

Can't wait to see the feedback!

(btw i think the demo is decent, the retail game will not have 90% of the things people are finding to be broken so if you really hate the demo just remember it's not only a demo but it's a very old one. this is the earliest a demo has ever been released as well so they had even less time than normal) - just my 2 cents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
Rookie

JHolsinger's Arena

Re: Would YOU use this play Online or vs CPU?

That's pretty cheesy imo, as it's clearly a lapse in AI, so no I would not.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHolsinger
That's pretty cheesy imo, as it's clearly a lapse in AI, so no I would not.
Just for the record, i have assumed that 95% of the replies will agree with you, but i am still curious.

Do you play Online or Offline? I appreciate your feedback too! thanks
Old 08-13-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
Banned

Elements's Arena

OVR: 3

I would pick that off every day of the week. These cheesers kill me. Why play the game if you want to take advantage of the AI. After you did that twice on me I would take it to the house PICK 6 Style. Go lock yourself in the bedroom, and final some other cheap way to play the game! End this thread immediately. I know that myself and fellow OSers know that this shouldn't even be allowed!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

"I can't tell you how many times i would pick up key 1st downs using this play, the best part is that sometimes it goes the distance."

You know you shouldn't be doing it when you can EASILY do it 5 times in a row, the EXACT same play. I wonder if pressing the WR would affect this. I mean vs. the CPU, obviously this is cheap, but Im fine with it online, as long as it is easy to stop it from being exploitable IE Press.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
"I can't tell you how many times i would pick up key 1st downs using this play, the best part is that sometimes it goes the distance."

You know you shouldn't be doing it when you can EASILY do it 5 times in a row, the EXACT same play. I wonder if pressing the WR would affect this. I mean vs. the CPU, obviously this is cheap, but Im fine with it online, as long as it is easy to stop it from being exploitable IE Press.
Press kills this play, you can't run it vs bump but if you have a great release wr and they bump you then you're going to kill them with that.

I used this play for sure, but that is me and again i made this thread to learn more about you guys and what you guys think.

As far as elements, he clearly didn't read my whole post because he insisted on flaming which is unfortunate but i figured it would happen here and there
Old 08-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFreestyle
Press kills this play, you can't run it vs bump but if you have a great release wr and they bump you then you're going to kill them with that.

I used this play for sure, but that is me and again i made this thread to learn more about you guys and what you guys think.

As far as elements, he clearly didn't read my whole post because he insisted on flaming which is unfortunate but i figured it would happen here and there
Yeah, good point. But if you have a safety over the top with Press coverage, you'd be fine. Especially this year with specific CB preplay controls with individual coverages and shading a WR.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
I would pick that off every day of the week. These cheesers kill me. Why play the game if you want to take advantage of the AI. After you did that twice on me I would take it to the house PICK 6 Style. Go lock yourself in the bedroom, and final some other cheap way to play the game! End this thread immediately. I know that myself and fellow OSers know that this shouldn't even be allowed!
Guy came to this forum to ask your opinion respectfully. Why not return the same respect?

As for your question: I play 90% offline, 10% online. I don't think I would ever use it offline, and I would only use it online if I felt like my opponent was playing like a ****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »