Home

Albert Haynesworth? Fingers Crossed

This is a discussion on Albert Haynesworth? Fingers Crossed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Albert Haynesworth? Fingers Crossed

There are some reports that the Pats may cut Haynesworth or Ochocinco before the season starts.

If they cut Haynesworth it would be absolutely awesome in Madden. I love to manually control DT's, and Haynesworth is a beast (when manually controlled).

Would anyone else pick him up if he was available as a FA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Albert Haynesworth? Fingers Crossed

When his on his game he is arguably one of the best defensive tackles in the game, but when his not happy his $h!t so good thing this is a video game I would love to pick him up for at least a year or two if he doesn't work out I wouldn't mind cutting him.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Most definatley. Even to use him for just a year would boost any DLine in Madden.

I honestly dont see the Pats cutting him though, atleast not before week one. I read the article where there was "speculation" that it could be a possiblity but it really is nothing more than a guess at best. Im sure Belichick did his homework before trading for him and will give him atleast a few games to see what hes got and if he will be a team player.

As for Ocho, I am almost positive he wont be going anywhere this year, just my opinion.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

As a Patriots fan, I will shoot down this rumor for you. Albert Haynesworth is not going to get cut unless he gets in trouble with the law or such. The reports are not even reports, just some random person's speculation. Beat writers for the Patriots have already dismissed the idea.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Anyone who predicts what Belichick is going to do is someone you ignore.

Why wouldn't anyone pick up Haynesworth in Madden? Would he tear apart your Madden locker room? If he's rated high, he'll work just fine in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc309
As a Patriots fan, I will shoot down this rumor for you. Albert Haynesworth is not going to get cut unless he gets in trouble with the law or such. The reports are not even reports, just some random person's speculation. Beat writers for the Patriots have already dismissed the idea.
Yep, just some blogger looking for hits.

There's zero credibility behind this rumour.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Yep, just some blogger looking for hits.

There's zero credibility behind this rumour.

I'll say this too...if he was cut how low would his ovr be....I mean after some pretty non productive years recently, can we still consider him a 90+ DT? In reality has he become a 75-80 ovr DT???? His attitude and lack of desire to excel has caused him in many people's minds to be far less than the star he used to be....of course with the Pats he'll likely play as a hall of famer. (although is he really a 3-4 kind of DT? I always thought of him as more of a 4-3 guy).

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Last year the Pats ran a 4-3 defense a good amount of the time and this year are making the 4-3 their primary base defense.

It could be a very successful switch if Vilfork and Haynesworth live up to their potential in the middle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »