Home

If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

This is a discussion on If other games were scrutinized like Madden....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #17
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
From Madden previous to this GEN you didn't see Madden get stripped to bare bones and then slowly recover? Did you play Madden previous to this gen?

Improved each year on this gen, sure. But so far they have only been adding back WHAT WAS ALREADY IN THE GAME. And in some areas, online franchise, they are still behind.
They took out stuff like radio show and player roles and things like that, but the gameplay in my opinion improved from year to year every year. I do miss the newspapers though.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #18
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkevin
The problem is that last gen madden did some things better as well as the nfl2k series and other football games than this gen madden. Plus, they have an exclusive license of the nfl for this whole gen, which seems to have made them a little lazy and not innovative. Even though the NFL made the decision to sell the video game nfl license exclusively, it was EA that was pushing the NFL to go exclusive with the license for years prior knowing that they (EA) was the only publisher with the money to outbid anyone else.

The criticism maybe a little over the top but justified.
care to hear my rant about the 2k baseball license & how that fiasco pushed me to buy a PS3 just so I could play a baseball game?......think about that......I essentially bought a 300.00 baseball game. LOL

grass ain't much greener over at 2k sports these days
Old 08-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTrouble

I see absolutely no reason why a self imposed time limit is a good reason for any of the glitches or bugs making it into the game. They don't HAVE to put out a new game every year, that's their choice. You know why other games don't have 1 year deadlines? Because it's not enough time.
I strongly disagree with this statement.

A. They've come out every year with Madden since the inception of Madden.
B. They are required to come out with a yearly game because of the license.

We are just a small audience/customer to EA. There are 5 million other buyers of the game.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #20
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
From Madden previous to this GEN you didn't see Madden get stripped to bare bones and then slowly recover? Did you play Madden previous to this gen?

Improved each year on this gen, sure. But so far they have only been adding back WHAT WAS ALREADY IN THE GAME. And in some areas, online franchise, they are still behind.
There have been 2 sports franchises (NBA 2k and MLB the show) that have made a smooth transition to next gen. In both cases, they basically created an HD remake of their last gen game for the initial release on the HD systems, before slowly improving the visuals while adjusting gameplay. Every other game that started from scratch has had bigtime struggles, with some franchises (such as winning eleven and NHL 2k) never coming close to their past glories.

It's been pretty common across the board, actually. Either it takes forever to release the first HD version of a long running series (see: final fantasy and gran turismo), or it gets released quickly and flops (see: mercenaries and perfect dark).
Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
EA also could be to blame a little as well.
A little?

Quote:
They purchased the exclusive license form the NFL (I know the NFL approach them, but they bought it knowing criticism would follow).
EA Approached the NFL first. For a few years. I think people are upset at both EA and the NFL for taking away competition.

Quote:
Also, they hype the game up each year with blogs, promotions, etc saying how they changes this or upgraded this and build everyone's hope up (sometimes they deliver other times they dont--but people get their hopes way up and then they get emotional when their hopes aren't realized).
I think this is your "little" from above.

Quote:
Also, removing previous features and then a few years later adding them back in and touting them as new always gets people a little mad. Finally, EA removing once over hyped feature and have it never return (Passing Cone, Pro-Tak, Madden IQ, etc). They say they spent all this development time creating this new feature that only lasts a year or two and then it is discarded, so people get mad they wasted development time on some gimmick..
This to me is where EA deserves most of it's criticism. Especially the bold part. Plus, the "funablility" arcade feel vs more realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I strongly disagree with this statement.

A. They've come out every year with Madden since the inception of Madden.
B. They are required to come out with a yearly game because of the license.

We are just a small audience/customer to EA. There are 5 million other buyers of the game.

A. That's their decision.
B. Is that a fact? I've never heard that before, could I get some details? Are they legally required to put out a game every august? I seriously doubt that, but i've heard crazier things.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTrouble
A. That's their decision.
B. Is that a fact? I've never heard that before, could I get some details? Are they legally required to put out a game every august? I seriously doubt that, but i've heard crazier things.
It's been a fact since I've been posting here from developers and other posters.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
What's funny is that if you go into any other game's board there are many in the vocal minority who complain incessantly about those games as well. Then to see people here who've obviously never been to those boards prop up certain games as perfect is just hilarious.

Remember the old saying "no matter how perfect or beautiful a woman is, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her crap." That's videogaming.

Completely agreed. If only the people who were tired of her had another woman to go to. No seriously if there was another game to compete with madden then maybe people would debate over which game was better instead of finding all of the small things to complain about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »