Home

Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names

This is a discussion on Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The commentary didn't take a step back this year it just didn't improve much, but it's definitely better than last year. They probably didn't work too much on this kind of stuff for this years game because they are moving everything to the new commentary engine in Madden 13. It's going to be the same engine FIFA uses, hopefully everyone can bear with it this year and we are supposed to be getting great commentary next year. This is the same thing they did with presentation with all the cameras, team intros, stat overlays and stuff last year. They worked on it last year, but put it in Madden 12 and now we are definitely reaping those benefits.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. It feels worse then last year to me. Aside from the numbers, the commentary is rarely on time with the play and it feels much more disconnected. It's closer to Joe Montana Football. There are times when there is so much silence, you feel the commentary was shut off an even things like the score seem to have gotten worse. Example from me playing last night:

"The score is the Saints: 19... ... ... ... ... Atlanta 0"

Also, when my offense ran on the field for the first time showing stat overlays and Brees running from the sideline, complete silence.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names

Devs need to patch this asap.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 49

I know EA said they didnt have time for commentary this year with all the "other" new additions.....I have to ask though, what exactly did the sound team work on this year??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is troubled by this. Just from watching videos, I'm ready to turn commentary off day 1 and just turn up the radio or something.

There is no reason Madden 12 commentary should be this much worse than even NCAA/Madden 11. All this calling of numbers is ridiculous, and the rest of the commentary isn't at all impressive.

On the flip side, the game looks like it will be extremely fun...with commentary turned off.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree that the commentary is cringe-worthy just based on the videos I watched. Couldn't they reuse the player names from last year's game instead of calling out numbers.

Also, I'd prefer hearing "he" instead of hearing a number.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #14
Banned

skabatula's Arena

OVR: 2

And Chris he is definitely primed to a performer to watch in this one.

Gah!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »