Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #873
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

just finished my second season won back to back super bowls funny glitch i saw @ beginning of super bowl showed the players in locker room then it said this is the browns first super bowl in franchise history????? really so i guess they didn't count the last super bowl we played and won? lmfao. just about to start season 3 tomorrow,went 13-3 first season, 12-4 this last one and almost lost to chiefs in divisonal rd if wasen't for a late td run by hillis would got knocked out by a chiefs team lead by ricky stanzi funny thing is we had play them in last game of yr also and almost lost to them to there except a late fumble recovery for td sealed the win.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #874
Rookie

OVR: 17

The San Diego Chargers move to 2-0 after a down to the wire finish against the visiting Oakland Raiders. While the game was exciting through out the second half as the Raiders rallied to not only catch up to the Chargers after trailing by as much as 18, but actually move into the lead with less than a minute left on the clock.

A sad moment in the game came when Darren McFadden had to be carted off the field after suffering a fractured vertebrae ending his short career in the NFL.

If you'd like to see highlights, photos, statistics, and a little more in-depth recap just check out my link in my signature.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #875
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I started over with the Saints. Went into NCAA and simulated a season with WVU then used that Draft Class. Simulating another one before I go into the second season.

No players have been edited other than position changes.

Pretty much I want to build this team around Mark Ingram by the time Drew Brees retires or I might trade him in a year or 2 for a first round draft pick. I want to pick up a QB that can scramble and give him some Wr's with speed to create a deep threat.

As for defense, it will soon be built around ROLB De'Joshua Thomas, with a heavy pass rush D-Line and Linebackers who can stop the run. Then all my CB's will have 90+ speed and 80+ man coverage. I haven't decided if I want my Safety's to be young and fast for coverage or veteran hard hitters. Might get one of each.

But yeah, these are my plans for the Saints Franchise.

2011/12 Season: (First Season)
Played first 8 games(4-4) then got bored and simulated until off-season because I've played this schedule 5 times at least..
---
10-6 Lost Conference Playoffs
Super Bowl:
Vikings - 17
Steelers - 12

2012 Off-Season Changes: (First Off-Season)
  • Traded Jonathan Vilma & 5th Round Pick for #5 Overall Draft Pick
  • Traded Roman Harper & 7th Round Pick for #15 Overall Draft Pick
  • Switched Tatupu from #1ROLB to #1MLB

Signed CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, RE Tim Jamison, CB Kadeem Kirk, and Wr's Clyde Gates and Kevin Ogletree from FA.

2012 Draft Picks:
Round 1 ROLB De'Joshua Thomas - 83 Ovr
Round 1 LT Jerry McKenzie - 77 Ovr
Round 1 RT Caleb Holmes - 80 Ovr
Round 2 MLB Jackson Gruber - 65 Ovr
Round 3 HB Mikhail Duncan - 72 Ovr
Round 4 C Robert Pierre-Louis - 69 Ovr
Round 6 K Dallas Sinz - 68 Ovr

I didn't do the best on scouting but I got ALL the players I wanted except the Kicker I wanted got drafted to I had so draft an unscouted one.

2012 Pre-Season (2nd Year)
  • Released ALL UDFA
  • Released RT Charles Brown
  • Released CB Kadeem Kirk
  • Signed LG Kevin Boothe
  • Signed FS Chris Conte
  • Signed SS Jeromy Miles

Starters for 2012 Season:
QB - Drew Brees 95ovr Team Captain
RB - Mark Ingram 86ovr
FB - Korey Hall 72ovr
WR1 - Marques Colston 90ovr Team Captain
Wr2 - Lance Moore 79ovr
Wr3 - Devery Henderson 77ovr
WR4 - Robert Meachem 75ovr
TE - Jimmy Graham 89ovr
LT - (R)Jerry McKenzie 77ovr
LG - Carl Nicks 94ovr
C - (R)Robert Pierre-Louis 69ovr
RG - Jahri Evans 97ovr
RT - (R)Caleb Holmes 80ovr

LE - Cameron Jordan 87ovr
RE - Will Smith 90ovr
DT1 - Aubrayo Franklin 87ovr
DT2 - Sedrick Ellis 95ovr
LOLB - Martez Wilson 78ovr
MLB - Lofa Tatupu 88ovr Team Captain
ROLB - (R)De'Joshua Thomas 83ovr
CB1 - Tracy Porter 87ovr
CB2 - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 84ovr
CB3 - Patrick Robinson 78ovr
CB4 - Johnny Patrick 75ovr
FS - Malcolm Jenkins 85ovr
SS - Jonathan Amaya 61ovr

K - (R)Dallas Sinz 93KPW 75KAC
P - Thomas Morstead 95KPW 87KAC
KR1 - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
KR2 - Fabian Washington
PR - Darren Sproles
KOS - Thomas Morstead
LS - (R)Robert Pierre-Louis
3DRB - Darren Sproles

Last edited by Obnoxious; 10-02-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #876
Banned

OVR: 11

So can someone answer me a question about some realism in regards to stats?

I'm in week 15 in season 2. These are some of my rankings, and it really doesn't feel realistic.

Vince Young: 3795 yards (#1 NFL)
Frank Gore: 1272 (#2 NFL)
Michael Crabtree: 1149 yards (#3 NFL)

I have the #1 QB in passing yardage, the #2 running back in rushing yardage, and the #3 wide receiver in passing yardage.

I play 10 minute quarters. There's a legit number of plays per game. And scores are often high scoring, like my recent 52-48 affair in St. Louis, but I also have a lot of realistic scores as well. And I mean, the NFL is kind of a high scoring league now as well...

Would it be legit enough to just chalk it up to the fact that I have a good "offensive system"?

The stats are still in the same ballpark as the other players. Vince Young is only 300 yards better than the #2 guy, Tom Brady (3795 yards to 3425 yards), Frank Gore is 22 yards behind the #1 rusher, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Michael Crabtree is more than 200 yards behind the #1 receiver Calvin Johnson, and 150 yards behind the #2 receiver Reggie Wayne.

Could this just be a realistic result of an good "offensive" system?

This is 2 years straight now that I've had a QB who led the NFL in passing yardage, and both years were with "average" rated QB's (year 1 - Alex Smith, year 2 - Vince Young), but the "system" is what made Matt Cassell look good in New England as well...

I don't think any stat in and of it self is out of line (although I suppose Vince Young leading the league in passing yardage is a bit out of line, but in a pass happy system, I could see how sub par QB's could amass big passing yardage - Kyle Orton anyone?), but having such dominance in both rushing and passing doesn't seem right to me.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #877
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

I had one going as the skins but scraped it due to the bugs i posted in the bug thread. Started one as the eagles and scrapped it because its far too easy. So i decided to start one with a cupcake created team, replacing a franchise no one would miss (the seahawks). Before starting i realeased pretty any player rated 70+ from them and signed bad players as need to allow this.

I signed Hope Bromley to the eagles before starting, traded a 7th rounder for her, and edited her to about 85, then dropped her back down to bump her potential to a B. Was aiming for her to be my qb until i could find a real one, but it turns out shes actually so short that even if your wr is wide open and theres zero pressure the throw tragectory can often hit the helmets of olineman. I moved her to punter and gave her a decent leg instead (managed to get an 87 overall a pot kicker or id move her there) and use her as my third qb. I grabbed carpenter, okung, deion butler, earl thomas (who i moved to cb) and lynch from free angency and let the cpu have the other ex seahawks. Lost my first 3 games (2 were very close) and decided to sim the rest of the season, ended up 7-9 somehow.

After scounting all qbs on their pro day to see their arm, i only saw 3 i felt were worth getting, 1 had 88 throw power so i decided not to give him an individual workout. The two i worked out, one was an 84 overall a pot projected 1st round, other was 83 b pot projected 2nd. Picking at 12 i figured i could grab one in either round, but the 1st rounder ended up being top 5 and the dolphins got him. Seeing no one i wanted, i traded down, and when my next pick came the 2nd qb was gone too. Luckily that 88 throw power guy was ranked as a 5th rounder so i grabbed him in the fourth. Turns out he has a pot and he looked great in preseason, very steve young like. He made throws my team has never seen before and will be fun to use this season.

Managed to get an a wr too in the 3rd round, similar to desean jackson, short but fast, so my new qb has a solid target. Got Brandon Lloyd in fa too but hes out for a while with an injury. Also grabbed an a pot rb in the second round, (i let lynch go), but he isnt impressing me much yet. Hopefully i can be in the playoff hunt this year.

I didnt discuss my defense because they arent very good, and while i did make efforts to improve them they bearly got any improvement at all. That can be next offseasons goal.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #878
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
So can someone answer me a question about some realism in regards to stats?

I'm in week 15 in season 2. These are some of my rankings, and it really doesn't feel realistic.

Vince Young: 3795 yards (#1 NFL)
Frank Gore: 1272 (#2 NFL)
Michael Crabtree: 1149 yards (#3 NFL)

I have the #1 QB in passing yardage, the #2 running back in rushing yardage, and the #3 wide receiver in passing yardage.

I play 10 minute quarters. There's a legit number of plays per game. And scores are often high scoring, like my recent 52-48 affair in St. Louis, but I also have a lot of realistic scores as well. And I mean, the NFL is kind of a high scoring league now as well...

Would it be legit enough to just chalk it up to the fact that I have a good "offensive system"?

The stats are still in the same ballpark as the other players. Vince Young is only 300 yards better than the #2 guy, Tom Brady (3795 yards to 3425 yards), Frank Gore is 22 yards behind the #1 rusher, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Michael Crabtree is more than 200 yards behind the #1 receiver Calvin Johnson, and 150 yards behind the #2 receiver Reggie Wayne.

Could this just be a realistic result of an good "offensive" system?

This is 2 years straight now that I've had a QB who led the NFL in passing yardage, and both years were with "average" rated QB's (year 1 - Alex Smith, year 2 - Vince Young), but the "system" is what made Matt Cassell look good in New England as well...

I don't think any stat in and of it self is out of line (although I suppose Vince Young leading the league in passing yardage is a bit out of line, but in a pass happy system, I could see how sub par QB's could amass big passing yardage - Kyle Orton anyone?), but having such dominance in both rushing and passing doesn't seem right to me.
I don't like those stats. I play Drew Brees and he wasn't #1 in anything in my first year. We even went our 3 first games without him throwing a TD and ending up being 0-3. Try getting more realistic slider settings?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #879
Rookie

OVR: 4

11-5 with Dolphins, bye week, beat Broncos in divisional 24-21, lost to the 15-1 Steelers by an OT TD, 33-27, Super bowl is ironically, Packers (12-4) vs Steelers (15-1). Steelers win 17-10. Aiming for a big WR in FA if there is a well known, looking for a great DT and LB to run a nice 3-4. Mainly scouting QB's for draft, going to try and trade up to a top 10 pick for a QB, most likely won't start rookie, will play him in the middle quarters, have Matt Moore play 1st and 4th quarters. MVP was Roethlisberger, Offensive Rookie was Ryan Mallett, and Defensive rookie was Jabaal Sheard. (I'm writing this as I progress through the off-season.)
Only needed new Scouting Agency, Fired D. Rizzi as Special Teams coach to sign Daniel Schultz. Lost Tiki Barber, Terrel Owens, and Jason Taylor to retirement. FB John Kuhn, QB Michael Vick, and RG D. Lutui all retired because of fractured vertebrae. Didn't resign about 17 players to make it realistic and to save cap space, plus I plan on signing a big unneeded FA to trade for a lesser player and pick, so I need Cap room for that. In FA, signed RE Justin Smith as trade bait, WR Brandon Lloyd as a fitting #2 receiver for Matt Moore and a rookie, opposite Brandon Marshall, Dt Corey Williams, for 3-4, might trade Williams since I have a decent DT, not sure yet. Looked at HB with A potential, WR with A potential, 2 QB's with B potential, and a WR with B potential. Decided to trade highest overall player Jake Long for LT Donald Penn, 1st overall pick, and first round pick in next years draft from Bucs. Drafted the Wr with A potential, then with Eagles pick I got in early season, got a mobile QB with b potential, and with my own pick, I got a speedy WR (99 speed) and B potential. Not the smartest moves, but I feel I can use them effectively. Second round pick got a FS, 3rd round got a DT, 4th round got a HB, 5th round got a LT, 6th round got a C, 7th round got a SS, next year I plan on going big for defense. About to start pre-season, playing one game before I'm done for the night, and most likely won't play tomorrow since it's sunday and it's football.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #880
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

First game of our second season. Thought we would win because Matt Ryan was injured. Michael Turner ran all over our defense though.

Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Atlanta Falcons (1-0)0103720
New Orleans Saints (0-1)367319
Team Stats Comparison
ATLNOR
Total Offense293351
Rushing Yards127102
Passing Yards166249
First Downs1018
Punt Return Yards2723
Kick Return Yards12899
Total Yards448473
Turnovers00
3rd Down Converstion4-14(%28)7-16(%43)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1-1-03-1-2
Penalties1-100-0
Posession Time18:2429:36
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGATLNOR
4:41(NOR) (R)D. Sinz 38 Yard FG03
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGATLNOR
8:22(ATL) M. Bryant 37 Yard FG33
3:43(NOR) (R)D. Sinz 31 Yard FG36
2:58(ATL) M. Turner 74 Yard Run106
0:27(NOR) (R)D. Sinz 29 Yard FG109
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGATLNOR
7:46(NOR) (R)M. Duncan 1 Yard Run1016
0:05(ATL) M. Bryant 48 Yard FG1316
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGATLNOR
1:55(NOR) (R)D. Sinz 45 Yard FG1319
0:47(ATL) (R)Z. Ash 6 Yard Pass to J. Jones2019
Atlanta Falcons
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
(R)Zack Ash18-2917810
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Michael Turner171207.01
Jaquizz Rodgers471.70
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Julio Jones79713.81
(R)Davasia Watson33712.30
Roddy White33411.30
Ovie Mughelli231.50
Michael Turner1-2-2.00
Tony Gonzalez144.00
Jaquizz Rodgers155.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Sean Weatherspoon11000
Curtis Lofton11000
Brent Grimes9000
Corey Peters7000
Tanard Jackson7000
New Orleans Saints
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Drew Brees19-3224000
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Mark Ingram21693.20
(R)Mikhail Duncan5234.61
Darren Sproles482.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Devery Henderson5469.20
Lance Moore58817.60
Marques Colston47518.70
Robert Meachem294.50
Mikhail Duncan2136.50
Jimmy Graham199.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Patrick Robinson7000
(R)De'Joshua Thomas7000
Lofa Tatupu5000
Tracy Porter5000
Malcolm Jenkins5000

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »