Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #113
Rookie

JosephAddai29's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Started a franchise with the Bengals. Cut both Palmers (didnt trade Carson cause i don't think anyone should have to lose a player or a pick for an idiot like him). So far i'm 1-2 in the pre season, but Andy Dalton has been laying pretty well. Benson might end up backing up Scott because of how bad he's playing.

My games so far:

lions 19- bengals 10
bengals 24- jets 6
panthers 23- bengals 12

I'm still not sure how im losing to bad teams and how i beat the jets
Old 08-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #114
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
What would be cool for those of us who control all 32 teams would be the implementation of "protecting" players. Meaning preventing the CPU from cutting someone who you feel should remain on their respective team, or preventing the CPU from not resigning someone.

I control all 32 teams, but do not control their every move, allowing the CPU to fill their own roster, re-sign players, and draftt their own players. I like to set depth charts, do some offseason trades, and from time to time draft for multiple teams and play in free agency - time permitting.

Having the ability to simply check a box to protect how many players on a team I want to protect gives me the flexibilty to maintain my NFL landscape the way I want to without spending an excessive amount of time conducting roster mngmt for all 32 teams.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 3

Currently 4-0 with the Falcons. Off to a slow start with my passing game. However, I am on pace to break rushing records with Michael Burner Turner. In the 4 wins he has rushed for over 100yrds in all 4 games, 2 of them rushing for more than 200yrds and 2 4td games. Matt Ryan on the other hand is not doing so good with 4tds and 8ints. 2 of the 4 wins came by Matty Ice putting together game winning drives and the other 2 I can thank my defense. I'm hoping matty ice gets it together and start playing up to his potential. Currently playing 3-1 packers at the dome. Time for some revenge baby!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #116
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Questions guys--I know this was addressed in another thread, but I'm surprised no one is mentioning it here.

Are you all dealing with rain in almost every single game of your offline franchise mode?

If not, can you tell me two things:

1) What console are you playing on?

2) Did you download the roster update?

I'm on the PS3, got the roster update (don't know if it's tied to that at all--I did also download some update when I originally booted up the game) and I got rain my first pre-season game. Simmed to the second. Rain. Simmed to the regular season. Rain.

Other people are reporting it too, and it's a real drag because the lighting and sunlight in the demo looked so great. Now everything is grey clouds and wetness.

So can anyone chime in? Are you playing your offline franchise games in the rain?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #117
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Are you all dealing with rain in almost every single game of your offline franchise mode?
Yes.

Quote:
Are you playing your offline franchise games in the rain?
No.

I'm not going to play a Miami Dolphins franchise that features rain in every home game. I hope they fix it soon.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #118
Pro

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
i think you have to go to Online in the menus, then download the roster from there.

I think.
K I will try that thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #119
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Questions guys--I know this was addressed in another thread, but I'm surprised no one is mentioning it here.

If not, can you tell me two things:

1) What console are you playing on?

2) Did you download the roster update?

I'm on the PS3, got the roster update (don't know if it's tied to that at all--I did also download some update when I originally booted up the game) and I got rain my first pre-season game. Simmed to the second. Rain. Simmed to the regular season. Rain.

Other people are reporting it too, and it's a real drag because the lighting and sunlight in the demo looked so great. Now everything is grey clouds and wetness.

So can anyone chime in? Are you playing your offline franchise games in the rain?
I'm a ps3 user and am also utilizing the latest roster update. However, I have yet to have a rain game (played 3 games in offline 'chise)...hard to explain what's going on in your franchise.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #120
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1

I won't be really starting a franchise until we get rosters after the Pre-Season and/or we get our first real patch. Until then, I'll mess around with a franchise or two to see how I want to handle franchise this year.

Still trying to decide if I want to bother with a 32 team franchise where I just play as one team. Either way, I will be playing as my favorite team, the Chiefs. I figure I should be in good shape for both now and the future (Go check out all that potential).

I keep going back and forth in my mind about if I want to make any FA signings to start things off. I'll probably sign Tony Richardson no matter what because A) One of my favorite Chiefs ever and B) I'd like to have another FB to block for when I used McClain as a RB.

I would love to bring TO in to help my WRs but I like to keep things somewhat realistic and I don't think him and Coach Haley will be working together anytime soon. Little bit of a troubled history from when Haley was the WR coach in Dallas.

While I really like our young FS Kendrick Lewis, he is still only rated 73. This will probably lead to me bringing in Darren Sharper to give me savvy veteran in the secondary.

Other than that, I'm looking for some depth at G and DE. Don't really have any veteran presecence behind my starters and I'd like to fix that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »