Home

Unrealistic Crowds

This is a discussion on Unrealistic Crowds within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Unrealistic Crowds

I appreciate EA trying to get some realism going with the crowds in that not EVERY set will be filled when it's raining or in a preseason game, but for my Green Bay Packers EVERY game is sold out - preseason or otherwise - no matter what the weather is. And 40% of attendees aren't the opponents' fans, either. I know the crowd isn't a huge part of the game, but to see my stands halfway empty when we're 5-2 and in mid-season form is just depressing. We're not the freaking Jacksonville Jaguars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Unrealistic Crowds

I'd say the majority of NFL games are sold out. Dynamic attendance just isn't realistic or relevant for an NFL video game. Maybe for Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and Oakland but thats it. Some teams like the Packers, Eagles, Steelers, Cowboys etc. have a sold out game streak going back years, even through poor seasons and bad weather games.

In this link 9 teams had 100% or better (better than 100% because of standing room only tickets) attendance for the entire season last year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/...0/sort/homePct

26 teams had attendance of more than 90% for the season. Dynamic attendance makes sense for basketball and baseball games but in the NFL where every game counts and the majority of tickets are sold before the season even starts, dynamic attendance should be done away with.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

There are soooo many issues like this that it's unbelievable the game can get through quality control before release. Absolutely crazy.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I'd say the majority of NFL games are sold out. Dynamic attendance just isn't realistic or relevant for an NFL video game. Maybe for Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and Oakland but thats it. Some teams like the Packers, Eagles, Steelers, Cowboys etc. have a sold out game streak going back years, even through poor seasons and bad weather games.

In this link 9 teams had 100% or better (better than 100% because of standing room only tickets) attendance for the entire season last year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/...0/sort/homePct

26 teams had attendance of more than 90% for the season. Dynamic attendance makes sense for basketball and baseball games but in the NFL where every game counts and the majority of tickets are sold before the season even starts, dynamic attendance should be done away with.
Dynamic attendance isn't a bad idea for a football game but it should be dependant on how the game plays out. Opening kickoff, the stadium should be full. If the home team is getting beat, I think fans should start leaving as the game goes on.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Dynamic attendance isn't a bad idea for a football game but it should be dependant on how the game plays out. Opening kickoff, the stadium should be full. If the home team is getting beat, I think fans should start leaving as the game goes on.
It used to be like this way back when.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Yeah, good point. I agree with that.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 08-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

They only play like 8 home games a year unlike the other pro sports, the stadium shouldn't be half empty on a season opener based on rain, or for the superbowl.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

This is all due to EA trying to simulate fan anger due to the Lockout.
If you just suspend your belief in reality its really very Realistic!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »