Home

M2H's 32 Team Control Franchise Handbook

This is a discussion on M2H's 32 Team Control Franchise Handbook within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: M2H's 32 Team Control Franchise Handbook

I also like to pay attention to the details of football IRL compare to Madden EA Sports Football. This is allot of work , But its a very good solution to the problem at hand fake UDFA's filling NFL Rosters. One things is EA is using PD players & Brandon LaFell faces in a couple of this year generated rookies. I hate the number # calling due to last year MD11 did not have this problem, the lost of the weekly recap takes the life out of the UI in this mode. There is allot theyve improve on this years game but they fell short once again giving us complete control over the CAP, Edits, Contracts ,I miss Tony Bruno is PS2 Madden where during non game time you can see how the rest of the CPU run teams are doing it felt more realistic during UI. I guess i will have to set a side 4 hours to set all this up and start a franchise that some what sim's the NFL current season.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Really interesting post, Manning. Have a couple questions:

1) I attempted to control all 32 teams just to try it out for the very first time. One thing I noticed was that even when I set the other 31 teams settings to CPU, some of them kept jumping back to USER. So I felt like I had to change every team's settings and save the franchise after each and every team's setting was changed.

So obviously, this was very, very tedious. Have you run into that issue?

2) About the UDFA's...I understand the concern that they pop up and take roster sports during your first season. But when you're in year 2, and you're playing with Madden generated draft classes, then that means that your rookies AND your UDFA's are "fake."

At that point, why would it be such a nuisance to have the UDFA's populate all 32 teams' rosters?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I am diving into this. Your guide is great!! I will take on 2 teams in each conference as my teams and manage the rest
(cpu teams) to keep the league balanced.

I only plan on drafting the first three rounds for all 32 teams then go CPU for the remaining 28 teams and continue to draft for my 4 teams.

I think this will no doubt allow me to enjoy franchise mode to the fullest. I will use the random number method for all teams who are resigning pending free agents. That is the most critical part of doing 32 team control, especially this year with the UDFA debacle.

Then I will make a shopping list for my main team (Dolphins) and go to the auctions.

I am not thrilled I have to do this....but it is a solution/workaround to the very wonky AI logic in franchise mode.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Really interesting post, Manning. Have a couple questions:

1) I attempted to control all 32 teams just to try it out for the very first time. One thing I noticed was that even when I set the other 31 teams settings to CPU, some of them kept jumping back to USER. So I felt like I had to change every team's settings and save the franchise after each and every team's setting was changed.

So obviously, this was very, very tedious. Have you run into that issue?

2) About the UDFA's...I understand the concern that they pop up and take roster sports during your first season. But when you're in year 2, and you're playing with Madden generated draft classes, then that means that your rookies AND your UDFA's are "fake."

At that point, why would it be such a nuisance to have the UDFA's populate all 32 teams' rosters?

The FA pool is getting flooded with quality veteran players because the CPU rather keep these UDFA who have 85?? next to their overall in the pre-season vs a veteran with a solid known 72 overall.

Then after the ratings are reveled after the pre-season ends the cpu teams are filled with 40-50 overalls as primary back-ups.

Huge issue.

So this will solve it.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #13
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

I see. So the problem isn't that it's fake players populating rosters, but rather BAD players landing roster spots over quality vets?

For anyone who has done free agency, can you offer an idea of how many solid players don't get signed? Are we seeing quality QB's, LB's, DB's, etc languishing in free agency for years and years? Or, are we seeing one of two good guys per position, and the rest are a bunch of pretty bad veterans?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #14
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Also Manning, in addition to my questions on page one, are you completelty sure that if, for example, I only want to control and scout for the Browns, and opt not to scout any players for the other 31 teams, that that won't cause the CPU controlled teams to draft poorly because I didn't scout for them?

I noticed that when I set the scouting setting to CPU for the other teams, and went back to see who they scouted, they didn't scout anyone.

And can you also talk about the scouting feature for the user. Because I've heard people say it's good and it gives you a decent amount of info. Others have said they'll scout players only to discover they're all drafted by round 2, and then they're just blinding selecting guys?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the guide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I see. So the problem isn't that it's fake players populating rosters, but rather BAD players landing roster spots over quality vets?

For anyone who has done free agency, can you offer an idea of how many solid players don't get signed? Are we seeing quality QB's, LB's, DB's, etc languishing in free agency for years and years? Or, are we seeing one of two good guys per position, and the rest are a bunch of pretty bad veterans?
thats how i see it.
its not a problem that they are random fake guys, its the point that they are guys rated 43 ovr when a 78 ovr vet is waiting to be signed

franchise break IMO and i wont start a chise until this is patched and fixed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »