Home

Playmakers don't feel like Playmakers.

This is a discussion on Playmakers don't feel like Playmakers. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Playmakers don't feel like Playmakers.

On angles YES!!! but I highly doubt that they was getting caught from behind running vertical. Did u just say demo?? Enough said.....
Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
On angles YES!!! but I highly doubt that they was getting caught from behind running vertical. Did u just say demo?? Enough said.....
Demo, yes. Final Game, yes. Vertical or horizontal, yes. It is broken.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

I'll take this (works fine to me) over "speed" being the only rating that matters. This is IMHO the best Madden I've ever played. I use Cariolina and Smith, Williams, Stewart, and Gettis all 90+ speed get me yards in chunks. As long as I make the right calls vs defenses (I play users online) and execute.

To the ones complaining you're probably to used to the way the game previously worked where speed was the ONLY factor on offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #12
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
Even in the demo, Knox and Hester were getting run down by Matthews.
I have a feeling it is due to his high motor trait and pursuit rating allowing this to happen. In real life he never stops as you often see him coming out of nowhere to make the tackle 20-30 yards downfield. So in the game considering he has a 97 pursuit rating and the high motor trait which I figure has something to do with being caught from behind this year.

As for the running parallel to the line of scrimmage thing I support that decision 100% as I've actually seen people scrambling in a realistic fashion instead of just heading toward the sidelines then turning up. Saying Vick isn't a play-maker anymore is crazy as I've watched him break off 50 yard runs when it is there but if you just look to scramble this year then you aren't going to have as much success as last year or previous years.

I just finished a game where I had 190 yards with Ryan Grant with 2 40+ runs (one in a shotgun off tackle play, other straight dive out of I-form strong) so if you get in space you can get separation even with guys that aren't 95+ speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »