Home

I May Have Found A Good Solution For a 1-Team Franchise.

This is a discussion on I May Have Found A Good Solution For a 1-Team Franchise. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: I May Have Found A Good Solution For a 1-Team Franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
i tried it and still see a crap load of rookies that were drafted high are free agents. Oh well whatever.

If you go over the other teams rosters in Franchise (preseason) you can see every players real rating when editing or in player details.
Now, for some reason a ton of UDFAs get estimated to be 80 rated players while actual 1st-3rd round picks get estimated to be as bad as in the 20s and 30s ? (especially CBs and WRs for some reason)
It is the same when scouting players btw (why the hell would a projected first rounder be guessed to be a 19 ever by any scout ?), so there seems to be a fundamental flaw in the game.

Almost every actually drafted player (first season as well as following seasons !) has a guessed-rating of at least 10 points lower than his real rating which gets him cut because the CPU makes roster decicions purely by OVRL rating for rookies (because it doesnīt "know" their potential ...)

EA has to either eliminate creation of random UDFAs (which they canīt since they have the FA limited to a certain number of players ...) or either fix or scratch theese guessed-ratings.

I guess the only way to go is wait for the new rosters and then edit all UDFAs to be punters. But thatīs a ton of work and you know what ? The 2nd offseason it will be even worse. And even worse than that in the 3rd.
There is no way you can play a longterm franchise right now and no. Maybe with 32 team controll but again, thatīs ton of work one could spent doing much more pleasant things in their life. I donīt see the apeal to spent more time fixing a game than actually playing it.

Last edited by Whomario; 09-09-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
i tried it and still see a crap load of rookies that were drafted high are free agents. Oh well whatever.
Which rookies have been cut?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #83
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
If you go over the other teams rosters in Franchise (preseason) you can see every players real rating when editing or in player details.
Now, for some reason a ton of UDFAs get estimated to be 80 rated players while actual 1st-3rd round picks get estimated to be as bad as in the 20s and 30s ? (especially CBs and WRs for some reason)
It is the same when scouting players btw (why the hell would a projected first rounder be guessed to be a 19 ever by any scout ?), so there seems to be a fundamental flaw in the game.

Almost every actually drafted player (first season as well as following seasons !) has a guessed-rating of at least 10 points lower than his real rating which gets him cut because the CPU makes roster decicions purely by OVRL rating for rookies (because it doesnīt "know" their potential ...)

EA has to either eliminate creation of random UDFAs (which they canīt since they have the FA limited to a certain number of players ...) or either fix or scratch theese guessed-ratings.

I guess the only way to go is wait for the new rosters and then edit all UDFAs to be punters. But thatīs a ton of work and you know what ? The 2nd offseason it will be even worse. And even worse than that in the 3rd.
There is no way you can play a longterm franchise right now and no. Maybe with 32 team controll but again, thatīs ton of work one could spent doing much more pleasant things in their life. I donīt see the apeal to spent more time fixing a game than actually playing it.
This post sums it up pretty much perfectly.

The whole "90?" "88?" "12?" "67?" etc etc etc.... stuff.... is a terrible idea.

It causes such a mess with the AI. Year after year the CPU cuts REAL or DRAFTED players with genuine A and B potential to keep faked/generated UDFA's because their OVR is seen as "90?"

Its a terrible system, a system they should have clearly seen was not functioning as intended. And now EA has fudged up Offline Franchise the year in which they were supposed to finally improve it for us.

SMH
Old 09-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #84
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

So what is the downfall of "controlling" all 32 teams and in the settings have the CPU control everything except sim cut days (except the team you want to control you change it all to user controlled). That way all you have to do in the preseason is go through all the teams and release all the UDFA which is easy to find. Anyone see any downfall to this? It wouldn't take all that long to release all the UDFA this way, seems quicker than editing them all.

Also with the new roster update out, I did a sim in the preseason and didn't see any first round draft picks being released or anything like that...Anyone else see that?
Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 3

Do I have to edit all of the UDFA's?

Or can I just edit the ones that have high OVR ratings?

For example, do I need to edit the UDFA's that have 0?? - 50?? OVR rating? Or will the CPU cut them anyway?

It's tedious editing rosters, especially after the roster update, since there are more UDFA's now. Plus, my menus are lagging. It's been 30 mins and I've only done 3 teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #86
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
Do I have to edit all of the UDFA's?

Or can I just edit the ones that have high OVR ratings?

For example, do I need to edit the UDFA's that have 0?? - 50?? OVR rating? Or will the CPU cut them anyway?

It's tedious editing rosters, especially after the roster update, since there are more UDFA's now. Plus, my menus are lagging. It's been 30 mins and I've only done 3 teams.
I control all 32 teams and cut them myselfs. All UDFA are signed a 310k salary so it's easy to figure out whos fake.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #87
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
So what is the downfall of "controlling" all 32 teams and in the settings have the CPU control everything except sim cut days (except the team you want to control you change it all to user controlled). That way all you have to do in the preseason is go through all the teams and release all the UDFA which is easy to find. Anyone see any downfall to this? It wouldn't take all that long to release all the UDFA this way, seems quicker than editing them all.

Also with the new roster update out, I did a sim in the preseason and didn't see any first round draft picks being released or anything like that...Anyone else see that?
The downside is that if you plan to indiscrimantely release UDFA's, you may end-up releasing players that the CPU could have actually used; or potentially grown into a star if left to their own devices.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #88
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
The easiest way to do 32 team control and avoid that is:

When your start a new franchise and select all teams set exactly what you want the cpu to do for the 31 teams you will not be playing as and set what you want to control for the 31 teams you will not be controlling to human up front. For example let's say all you want to do for the CPU teams is control player resign (not free agent auction) and cut days. Set everything to CPU except those 2 things up front in the franchsie set up menu when you begin a new Chise.

Then after you start cycle to your team that you want to play as and change all the settings to USER. This way you don't have to go through that exercise.

And like the JMar stated keep an eye on coaching changes in the offseason and make a note of what teams changed their HC and go into their franchsie settings and switch back the stuff you wanted to keep control of again.

Simple and not time consuming.
Thanks to both you and Jmar, made it easier to enjoy until EA hopefully patches this.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »