Home

Dumbest animation in this game...

This is a discussion on Dumbest animation in this game... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry Dumbest animation in this game...

The bull rush in this game is broken! Situation- 3rd and 18, lions versus bears, ndamukong suh is ready to make a play, he feels a draw coming, so when the ball is snapped, it is a draw, and you know what happens...they pick up the first down! Why? well ndamukong suh shoved the offensive lineman on his tushie, and the animation not only took him out of the play, but it gave the runner a huge block that resulted in a 30 yard gain.

when a player on the defensive line pushes a lineman to the ground, he will never make a tackle! Ever! even if the ball carrier is right there, right next to him, he will not ever make a tackle, and it almost always results in a big gain.

does anyone else notice this, because this drives me nuts playing online. when a d-lineman shoves an o-lineman down, why cant he just keep moving? and if he falls down too, wouldnt that be a hold on the offense? comon EA, i should be rewarded for shoving an o-lineman onto his tushie, not be penaliazed with a huge run or pass on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dumbest animation in this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
The bull rush in this game is broken! Situation- 3rd and 18, lions versus bears, ndamukong suh is ready to make a play, he feels a draw coming, so when the ball is snapped, it is a draw, and you know what happens...they pick up the first down! Why? well ndamukong suh shoved the offensive lineman on his tushie, and the animation not only took him out of the play, but it gave the runner a huge block that resulted in a 30 yard gain.

when a player on the defensive line pushes a lineman to the ground, he will never make a tackle! Ever! even if the ball carrier is right there, right next to him, he will not ever make a tackle, and it almost always results in a big gain.

does anyone else notice this, because this drives me nuts playing online. when a d-lineman shoves an o-lineman down, why cant he just keep moving? and if he falls down too, wouldnt that be a hold on the offense? comon EA, i should be rewarded for shoving an o-lineman onto his tushie, not be penaliazed with a huge run or pass on me.
i agree, you get locked with line men and then stumble out of it like you just did the hit stick animation.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah I have said since coming over from 2k that this "System" Madden uses for Dline moves is totally unreal. (Understand Ive played Madden since the first one on Genesis, then played 2k when it came out bc I liked it better and now back to Madden which I now enjoy)
The problem is their system itself, the fact that you have to be "Engaged" to use the move. This is NONSENSE.
I the real world, a Dlineman does not wait until the Offensive lineman "engages" him in order to use his move. At that point ITS TOO FREAKING LATE!! 2k's System for this was almost solely why I liked their game better, or at least why I started playing it religiously and then all the other reasons backed up my opinion. In their system as soon as the ball was snapped you could use the moves at will. Yeah, if you didnt time them right it would fail or you could look silly, but you didnt have to wait to be "LOCKED" up with the opponent. You could fire off the ball and even use the speed burst in conjunction with the swim or Rip and put a move on the guy.
I think Last years Madden (11) had this as close to what was in 2k as I have ever experienced...along with alot of other things to like this was like Icing on the cake to me last year. This season its very hit or miss to me.
Im still on the fence about the way its been implemented this season because I am the kind of person who is going to look at myself FIRST and make sure that:
a) I know what the controls are and have a good working use of them
(Which right now after 20 games I can honestly say I dont really have a good feel for what Im supposed to do on a consistent basis)
and
b) Ive exhausted EVERY combination of button presses, distances away from the opponent etc. relative to every variable and trying these things out with bonafide superstar pass rushers as well as average guys
before I decide that the way its done this year is crappy.

At the moment I agree with you though about THAT situation you (the OP) are referring to, its just a poor representation of the battle in the trenches.

Last edited by CigarCityBandit; 09-12-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: too much text
Old 09-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea that's one part of the game NCAA got right. You can dominate with a star DT but in Madden no.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx

Very good point and it needs to be addressed.

This is what it should look like. Check out Vid at the 2 minute mark.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...ens-highlights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
Very good point and it needs to be addressed.

This is what it should look like. Check out Vid at the 2 minute mark.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...ens-highlights
That wasn't a bull rush. It was sort of a swim move but more than anything it was a case of ole blocking. I do agree that the bull rush should be tuned so that you can blow up a back though.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Not only that, but it's too either or. You either push the lineman on his back, or the bull rush doesn't work. Never does the the dlineman just push the olineman back and get penetration into the back field.

I trying as hard as I can to like this game, but I can hardly bring myself to play it even with the start of the NFL season.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

YES.

This thread should be stickied, starred, highlighted and put in bold.

I know the exact animation you are talking about, where they just basically tackle the offensive lineman instead of making any attempt on the ball carrier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »