Home

Old 10-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Trades?

i was wondering what you guys would think it would take to get patrick peterson. I am the packers and i am just starting my 2nd season. Woodson and Shields both went down in the preaseason for the season and i was hoping to trade for peterson. I know it wouldnt happen in real life but what would be fair for the cardinals?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 02:49 AM   #2
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Trades?

There is no need to trade when you will have Woodson and Shields back next year. Use your back-ups and give them a chance or sign some FA's to a 1 year contract.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Not sure, do what Obnoxious said.

You can do a year with about 75-80 rated CBs.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:24 AM   #4
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipup
Not sure, do what Obnoxious said.

You can do a year with about 75-80 rated CBs.
I went my entire last season with back up safety's none rated above 70. We still went 10-6.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks12009
i was wondering what you guys would think it would take to get patrick peterson. I am the packers and i am just starting my 2nd season. Woodson and Shields both went down in the preaseason for the season and i was hoping to trade for peterson. I know it wouldnt happen in real life but what would be fair for the cardinals?
Well, Woodson's about to be a fossil and retire, especially how he's gonna take a huge hit in his OVR because of age and not performing statistically.

So to answer your question about how to get Peterson...

Well, I'm assuming he's anywhere from an 82-88, maybe more. To be fair, he was their 1st Rounder (last year in the game). You're gonna have to give up 2 1st Rounders and a "Star" of yours for him (someone rated 88+, probably).

I don't see Arizona doing it for any less in real life. Plus, you'll have a 22 year old CB for quite a long time for a couple of crap-shoot 1st Round Picks (as well as the Player you choose to part with).

This is my idea of how to make that a "fair" trade, as it wouldn't happen after him being with the team only 1 year, and surely being a rising star in the game.

Last edited by BoisePanther; 10-02-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

If you want to be real...no way Patrick Peterson gets traded. Any team that spends the time scouting and planning and then the money to draft him that high doesn't do that to give him to you on a silver platter. They obviously had a need for him as well. They don't do it period. Maybe after 2-3 years if he looks like a bust they will cut him or give him away for a medium draft pick.

If you want to be real, the pack would be looking to draft some CB high or sign a FA at that spot this year.

If you just want to have fun and put your own fantasy team together, it doesn't much matter then who you give for him. Although I'll bet the cpu doesn't let him go very easily, if at all.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 10-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 25

Your team will be fine. Tramon Williams' rating is almost the same as Woodsons. I could see you aquiring a 75 overall veteran corner like Randall Gay. Once Woodson retires Williams and Sheilds will take over at corner.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 10-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
Your team will be fine. Tramon Williams' rating is almost the same as Woodsons. I could see you aquiring a 75 overall veteran corner like Randall Gay. Once Woodson retires Williams and Sheilds will take over at corner.
Randall Gay is atrocious

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »