Home

Madden NFL 12 Title Update #2 Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Title Update #2 Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #89
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 12 Title Update #2 Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Worthless patch IMHO. What I really wanted was them to tune the defensive line play. Defensive tackles simply dominate and rack up 3 sacks per game getting relentless pressure while elite 4-3 DEs with high finesse moves are complete non-factors. I'm not even talking about getting sacks, I'm talking about getting pressure. Oh well, my expectations have dropped so low it doesn't even matter.
I gotta concur with this. I had high hopes for this patch and I'm, frankly, let down by the gameplay content. There was a looooooonngg thread on the lack of DE pressure that couldn't have been missed. Year after year, this is the one thing I keep hoping Madden gets right. But looking at the way I've seen it done in other games, it's probably going to take a dedicated development cycle of redesigning it from scratch to get it where it should be.

Hopefully it's addressed in the tuner, along with one or two other things like accel clock in franchise, but who knows. Not fixing the accel. clock is a big one for thos of us that like 15 min quarters.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #90
Rookie

tiloj's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert429
Really disappointed with the patch.

Transformer pads are ridiculous and needed to go. UDFA ruin the game. For starters like 60% of them have the pad glitch, not to mention insane equipment. And the FA pool is filled with really good young players.

by year 3, if I wanted I could sign vince young, cedric benson, ahmad bradshaw, mendenhal, sean lee, aj hawk, chris gamble, michael jenkins etc. for league minimum since they never get picked up.

"The year of the franchise" has degenerated into A) you control all 32 teams because the cpu AI is non-existent, B) you don't care about realism/don't have the time, or C) Don't franchise at all.

With all the cool features they added it is a tragedy that it ended up like this. They seem to think the UDFA issue isn't even something that needs to be addressed but when it results in teams' marquee players rotting in FA obscurity THAT is a problem. And so on, and so on.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow, so Franchise is still a complete waste of time? Thanks EA! I see they did nothing to improve franchise AI or fix the IR glitch that killed your franchise whenever you hit it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #92
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
That's great and all, but still no mention of how terrible the imported players look.
This is literally the biggest thing I had a problem with I mean how is EA looking at the imports appearance and thinking they look ok??? Guess I gotta wait for Madden 13 *sigh*
Old 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #93
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 12 Patch Details Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
In the next patch and/or tuner update, would it be possible to do something about the deep-ball AI's ability to make a play on the ball? Often times, the defensive back attempts to swat the ball away, but an animation that takes them out of position triggers instead of something more appropriate. I imagine this may go unnoticed to many, but as a 'coach mode' gamer, it is a glaring issue.
This is another thing that needs to be tweaked. It's starting to get on my nerves because it is so random. I can't find any commonality in what triggers it; fatigue, ratings, etc. Sometimes, my DB will play the ball in the air and swat with perfect timing, other times they'll just stop with his back to the LOS as the ball hangs in the air and watch as the WR turns and leaps for the pass.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #94
Rookie

radney's Arena

OVR: 0
If they are to address the weather issue, why not fix the wind effects. I'm kicking 50 yard FG's with 19 mph wind with ease. The wind in this game has no effect on the projectory of the ball. If it's supposed to be high winds at places like Heinz Field, Soldier Field or Browns Stadium which can have lake-effect winds, kicking should not be as easy. I wish they would address this. I'm glad that they're fixing the rain.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #95
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirch10
Wow, so Franchise is still a complete waste of time? Thanks EA! I see they did nothing to improve franchise AI or fix the IR glitch that killed your franchise whenever you hit it.

I am sorry. But this is waaaaay overblown. Have you played it? Meaning not sim through seasons...just play it.

I have seen some wonky rookie cuts....but nothing game breaking.

Yes you need 32 team control to get ultra realistic roster management and avoid some CPU mishaps. But overall franchise mode is so much better now than it ever has been on this gen.

But go over to the NBA 2K12 forum....same crap. Total uproar about wonky cpu AI decision making in Association mode. Same for MLB The Show and on and on and on.

I am having a blast.

Too bad the game is "broken" for some.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #96
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 12 Patch Details Released

I have stopped playing this game, has the issue(maybe not an issue) where the play "Four Verticles" the AI can't defend the inside receiver?

If there is going to be a cheese play, it should be a 2 yard throw not a 30 yard seem route

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »