Home

Has the unresponsive defensive swat and catch animations been fixed?

This is a discussion on Has the unresponsive defensive swat and catch animations been fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Has the unresponsive defensive swat and catch animations been fixed?

I havent gotten the patch, but I just rage-quit because of the issue mentioned in the title... any change?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Has the unresponsive defensive swat and catch animations been fixed?

no one?.....
Old 11-11-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

No............
Old 11-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

You just have to really time your jumps. Also try using defensive assist when wanting to swat the ball down.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Banned

it has absolutely nothing to do with timing, it is a flaw in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Well it doesn't have to do with timing at all. Just hold down the swat button and it swats it down about 90% of the time when the ball gets into a good position for your guy to swat it. Now if it is one of those balls that both players essentially have to stop and turn around for you probably shouldn't be swatting it.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
Well it doesn't have to do with timing at all. Just hold down the swat button and it swats it down about 90% of the time when the ball gets into a good position for your guy to swat it. Now if it is one of those balls that both players essentially have to stop and turn around for you probably shouldn't be swatting it.
90%? I'd say about 80% of the deep balls the CPU throws on me are caught completely uncontested because my DB doesn't even try to make a play at the ball, if I try to user them, instead of a jump and swat, they go into a ground catch animation while the receiver jumps for the ball.

It's the one thing that's been driving me crazy this year, last year, deep ball coverage was bad, but this time, it's pretty much nonexistant. It doesn't matter whether I user the DB or not, if the CPU throws it deep, it's pretty much always a catch.

And concerning defensive assistance, does that even work this year? If I press X, my defender does absolutely nothing, he doesn't move, doesn't tackle, no nothing, it seems to me like the button has no function at all.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
90%? I'd say about 80% of the deep balls the CPU throws on me are caught completely uncontested because my DB doesn't even try to make a play at the ball, if I try to user them, instead of a jump and swat, they go into a ground catch animation while the receiver jumps for the ball.

It's the one thing that's been driving me crazy this year, last year, deep ball coverage was bad, but this time, it's pretty much nonexistant. It doesn't matter whether I user the DB or not, if the CPU throws it deep, it's pretty much always a catch.

And concerning defensive assistance, does that even work this year? If I press X, my defender does absolutely nothing, he doesn't move, doesn't tackle, no nothing, it seems to me like the button has no function at all.
I think someone on OS somewhere, explained that defensive assist doesn't work an All Madden, just the lower difficulty levels.

Also, I agree about the atrocious defensive awareness at times and then it's supernatural at other times. The best remedy seems to switch to control the defender ASAP after the pass is thrown, to hopefully allow time for the player to process the action you want them take. Someone mentioned turning Auto strafe "on" which may allow for the User controlled player to be in a better position to jump when not using "sprint". I plan on trying that next time I play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »