Home

Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13

This is a discussion on Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
You guys should do one of these for franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 23
1. Footplanting / weight / momentum - For god sakes I'm tired of seeing my guys skate around and move with absolutely no weight / momentum being represented... Players SHOULD NOT be able to weave like the Tecmo Bowl days without slowing down...

2. Ball trajectory - absolute MUST FIX for Madden 13... Last gen Consoles had it correct, and APF2k8 has it perfect on this gen. There is no excuse not to fix this next Season. Hey, EA, in case you haven't noticed while Watching Football on Sunday, it actually IS POSSIBLE to throw the ball over the head of a linebacker...

3. Interaction between OL and DL - As it is now its randomly a Win / Lose for either. There needs to be a struggle. How often do you see OL get beat instantly? How often do you see DL get pancaked instantly? Where is the collapsing pocket?

4. More Animations - since I highly doubt that anything to do with real time physics will ever make its way to this Generations Madden games, the Animations need to be great... Too many times during a game I see the same animation over and over and over again... I can count on 1 hand how many fumble animations there are (both are rather over the top) and also, how many catch animations? tackle animations? throwing animations?

How is it that a Game like NBA 2k can REPLICATE exactly how players move and look on the court, but Madden can't give us more than 2 Different Running Back "types"? Newsflash, Adrian Peterson does not look like Chris Johnson when he runs... He doesn't look like Arian Foster, or Jamaal Charles either...

5. Audio - Custom Stadium sounds anyone? my god NFL 2k5 had this on PS2 / Xbox... You even have it in your NCAA Franchise, why not in Madden?... Don't even get me started on how absolutely terrible the Announcers are in this game... Its so bad I usually play with the game sound OFF and my Radio ON instead... I don't mean to keep going back to this but, NFL 2k5, APF2k8 and NBA 2k completely destroy Madden in this Category...

Along the same lines... I'm in 2 Online Franchises and before every single game for the past 2 months, Collinsworth has been saying "Welcome to the Thanksgiving Game"... What the Hell is that??? Are you kidding me??? Its little things like that, which make you all come off as Lazy...

------

- There is so much more that I would like to talk about, but, based on past experiences with EA, I'm not even going to waste my time... I've seen threads / articles like this for the past 5 years and the game still has some of the worst issues I've ever seen... Sure the graphics look a little better, but, honestly its not good enough to hide all the FUNDAMENTAL FLAWS that this game has... A few years ago they advertised "Everything you See on Sunday", well, as an NFL Season ticket holder, I'm telling you right now that This game does NOT give me that "Sunday" feel... Every single game, whether it be Week 1 of your Online Franchise, a random quick game online, a game vs the Computer or the Super Bowl all feel the same... There really is nothing that separates one game from another and thats just sad...

Maybe they will get this stuff right for PS4 and Xbox720... But I wont hold my breathe on that either because then we're just going to here the "its harder to program for" excuses...

----------

Bring back 2k... Abolish this ridiculous nonsense of the NFL Exclusive License and lets see what someone else can do when given the chance... Have you seen what 2k has done with their Hoops game? Image if they could have been working on their NFL Title for the past 6 or 7 years...
Old 01-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #67
MVP

@inkcil - i agree with you 100%... we see threads like this every year around this time, and every year we get disappointed...

It is what it is... Madden is Madden and they are going to follow the same strategy that they've been following since they signed that exclusive deal with the NFL... They aren't going to spend more money when they don't have to...

Even with all of the issue that people have listed so far, I'll bet if none of them are addressed, the same people (including me) would be lined up at midnight to purchase M13... The only way to change anything would be to not buy the game, but, there is no way thats happening with the insane popularity of the NFL...
Old 01-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5
Why keep hope for features will never get as long as ea sports has the license
Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 18
Ugh. I've refrained - until this point - to submit my thoughts about how to fix Madden's next installment. I have been saying the same things for years and frankly I'm tired of hearing the echo in my voice. I think this generation of the series is a write-off. Exclusivity bred complacency. For the sake of trying to be productive and positive, I'll repeat my laundry list of fixes for the next Madden:
1) Commentary. Its the worst in the sports game genre. Make it sound natural and edit phrases together so they flow. Make it dynamic actually tell the story of the game we are playing.
2) Network Precence. Half time/Post game shows and Game Breaks. How this has not been well implemented in 6 + years (The "Extra Point" does not qualify) is beyond me. In this case - do what 2K5 did. Show ALL games, talk about them, stats, hightlights, around the league, injuries, trades, stories, predictions, wrapups. Use tickers to show us whats going on in other games around our leagues. Cut to out of town highlights. Make our leagues feel alive.
3) Physics Engine. Save this for next gen i guess, but Madden needs a true momentum and tackling engine.
4) Gameplay. Keep on buffing the issues out on the gameplay side. The passing trajectory problems. The defensive blocking problems. Foot planting and momentum problems. etc...
5) Details. Players on the side lines reacting to the action on the field. Weather effects changing during a game. Dynamic camera angles that mimic broadcast presentation.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #70
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
A few years ago they advertised "Everything you See on Sunday", well, as an NFL Season ticket holder, I'm telling you right now that This game does NOT give me that "Sunday" feel... Every single game, whether it be Week 1 of your Online Franchise, a random quick game online, a game vs the Computer or the Super Bowl all feel the same... There really is nothing that separates one game from another and thats just sad...
When you jump from game to game, it's not going to feel different. You have to progress through the season to really feel like your playing in the super bowl. You can't expect to just jump right into the super bowl and it feel like a very special event. It's a once a year thing, if something was once a day it wouldn't feel very special.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 01-26-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13

I agree about the the list but also presentation is currently broke. I was surprised at how often during the game that the crowd was almost silent and the announcers were both on a bathroom break b/c I didn't hear any commentary for awhile.
Also the popping noises make it sound like my speakers are bout to blow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
When you jump from game to game, it's not going to feel different. You have to progress through the season to really feel like your playing in the super bowl. You can't expect to just jump right into the super bowl and it feel like a very special event. It's a once a year thing, if something was once a day it wouldn't feel very special.
Yes I know that... I'm talking about when I play through an Online Franchise or Offline Franchise and I'm fortunate enough to make it to the Super Bowl...

Every single game, feels exactly the same... The game itself doesn't make it "feel" like the Super Bowl, I have to that myself by thinking back on everything that I had been through in that Season...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »