Home

Whatever happened to?

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
Rookie

paul 2076's Arena

OVR: 1
Whatever happened to?

I remember the first version of Madden back on Sega had updates of playoff games and even cut aways to a late game field goal attempt which were so cool and you would think could be done on an even greater scale now. When you play in Franchise mode games simulate so you know those final scores before you kickoff. Example: Your Redskins are hosting the Giants in a 1 p.m. start but other games that start at the same time are finished. I would like to see a way where CPU games would be in progress as opposed to completed while you play your game and there would be a scoreboard with updates of those games. Having cutaways or break-ins would be very awesome too but I am only asking for a scoreboard with in-progress games instead of having them all completed before you play your game. How hard could it be to have Gus Johnson say "Now let's check some other scores around the National...Football....League" or something like that. I am currently playing Madden 11 and I don't know if it's different in Madden 12. I am guessing that it is not. It would be a very welcome addition to Madden 13 if they can have in game scoreboard updates from other games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Whatever happened to?

I think Madden 13 should do more to bring the rest of the league to the front and center. For years, the league itself seems to just play on in the background while you march ahead. When I played NHLPA Hockey on the SNES, I loved the highlights that would be shown between periods.

The main focus, though, is that everything that is going on in the league seems to be in the background. NCAA 12 does a better job of getting other games in front of you with the ESPN tab during Dynasty. I'd love to see stats and scores shown on the main screen of franchise. These things remain buried under secondary windows. It'd be nice to know when someone breaks an NFL record, or throws for 5,000 yards. These kind of things can really help make franchise mode feel alive, and I think that's a missing element.

This kind of stuff isn't too difficult. We're talking sports tickers on the bottom, etc. NCAA 12 already pulls this off, but that's because it actively integrates the ESPN experience.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I completely agree. Sad those systems are like 3 generations ago and had that feature and we can't get it on this gen.

I don't see this happening though.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

yes I want this back so bad, its these things that bring you into franchise mode. How can it be a franchise mode if we are not engaged to what other teams around the league are doing ?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

If they put in CPU trades then I will be happy. Of course they'd have to tweak all the stuff they put in this year but I think franchise mode will be pretty good on 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »