Home

2012 Predraft before starting season 1 of Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on 2012 Predraft before starting season 1 of Franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: 2012 Predraft before starting season 1 of Franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
Why start with the draft? Why not start the franchise mode at the start of the offseason? That way you could make coaching changes and sign free agents to impact the team right away.
This.

It would be interesting to bid for Peyton Manning and make other deals.

Then again, I want to start franchise mode in the 4th quarter of the NFC Championship game.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
It sounds like a good idea... but it would be the such a major offline cheese feature.. after a few weeks of the season, or even pre-season everyone will know which rookies are gonna have a major impact, and will be able to draft accordingly... Where is the fun in that?
I know what you are saying ,but that's up to you as a user. A lot of us just wish our teams had drafted a different player. I know that I wanted Michael Ohre over Crabtree a few year ago. I also wanted Bay Area wonder Aaron Rodgers in 2005.

There is hind sight... and there is "What were they thinking?!?" I had no idea who Aldon Smith was when the 49ers drafted him and rightfully ate crow, but compared to the many other drafts and drafts picks we have seen teams make... sometimes I wonder how some of these professionals have jobs. For example, Jets fans were chanting "We want Sapp! We want Sapp!" [meaning Warren Sapp] when they ended up drafting TE Kyle Brady.

Notice how when in 1983 he says the "Jets take Quarter back..." [dramatic pause and collective breath holding waiting for him to say Dan Marino] "Ken O'Brian California Davis."

As a Patriots fan as well, I still don't understand why they blew two mid round picks on running backs when they already had a two headed monster with Danny Woodhead and The Law Firm... or why they passed on Clay Matthews when they had an aging defense/line backer core.

Last edited by PGaither84; 03-18-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Would love this feature, but I would also like it to be optional. I don't want to have to draft every time I start a franchise.

Of course this now brings the need for 2 separate rosters I would assume.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #12
Rookie

zarmstead2's Arena

OVR: 1

^^^ I feel bad for Kyle Brady.
Lol.
NBA: wut?

Suh is the man!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #13
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
It sounds like a good idea... but it would be the such a major offline cheese feature.. after a few weeks of the season, or even pre-season everyone will know which rookies are gonna have a major impact, and will be able to draft accordingly... Where is the fun in that?

It would be an option to start in the off-season of course, and in reality with the ability to edit any player ratings and the draft class cheat sheets that come out a week after the game has released it's all the same. Thats really on you as the user to utulize the game in a way that you will get the most out of it.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
It would be an option to start in the off-season of course, and in reality with the ability to edit any player ratings and the draft class cheat sheets that come out a week after the game has released it's all the same. Thats really on you as the user to utulize the game in a way that you will get the most out of it.
Not to mention that year 1 doesn't, imo, often mirror the NFL anyway.

Peyton being available to play from the start, anyone? Aren't the contracts usually off (and uneditable, as are injuries)? Usually missing a few signings, etc.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

OVR: 3

I would love this feature and most definetly use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
It's such a good idea it's obvious it needs to be in.

Or at least I thought it would be. Why can't we start Year 1 in the offseason. That's when the "New Football Year" starts anyway, with the beginning of the Combine (I believe that's the first "big event" after the Super Bowl in real life).
The programmers at EA are so lazy that they'll either never do it, or drop the ball. Imagine all of the If/Else (variable) statements, checks and balances they'd have to integrate just for the shi*tty commentary to work properly. If this was a company that really cared about making the game the very best they could, rather than focusing directly on sales, it wouldn't be a big deal. However, EA has really shown some very poor testing and debugging in each release over the last decade, it's shameless.

My guess is they'd easily drop the ball on it and we'd have yet another year with terrible, broken commentary. And this is just talking about the presentation aspect...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »