Home

Player Traits and Rating Scale

This is a discussion on Player Traits and Rating Scale within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Player Traits and Rating Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So while I feel the OP and others about the impact of traits not seeming ideal, I definitely don't want to see them removed.
Yeah, hopefully, for once, EA actually tries to tweak a system and flesh it out to make it more involved/in-depth instead of scrapping it because people didn't find it omgperfect.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't really notice anything dealing with consistency.
The potential is halfway based on what EA wants them to be for real players. For created players it depends on what their skills are. If they are a physical freak but don't have the awareness for a high rating then they usually have more potential because awareness will always go up. Other physical skill may just stay the same.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

The potential ratings just hint at how the player will progress.

For example...

A pot: Player has potential to become a +90 over player
B pot: player has potential to become a 80-89 ovr player
C pot: player has potential to become a 70-79 ovr player

etc.

I've seen cases where B pot players went up to like 91-92 or C pot players went up to like low 80s, so I'm not sure it's exact... I think it's heavily influenced by on the field performance... But it's an indicator of their "ceiling" as a player.

EA needs to do a better job of explaining what ALL the attributes do and exactly what they affect in the game and what they do not affect... I fear that they don't release all this infomration cuz the are afraid to tell us what things don't affect some things when they clearly should lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »