Home

Player Traits and Rating Scale

This is a discussion on Player Traits and Rating Scale within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Player Traits and Rating Scale

Tried to find some info on this subject but came up short so can any one tell me if these work or what the point of them. Wouldnt the consistincy number work more than the traits?
Also wondering if any one knows what makes a A player a A player or a C player a C player. For instance Tavares Jackson A player Kevin Kolb A player. Is it the high moter trait or something ealse cause it seems like almost all starting QBs have A ratings when they are not A players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

Re: Player Traits and Rating Scale

So no one knows, go figure....
Old 03-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

An 'A' player is whoever EA decides to slap an 'A' on. It has nothing to do with traits.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 03-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

Yeah I know thats the truth. I just dont think the traits do anything in the game or atleast have not seen any difference in gameplay if they are. The only thing I do notice is if a player is hot or cold..
Old 03-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Traits are just in game performance. Potential ratings are more or less a players upside or tendency to become great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

I guess I dont see a difference if they were in there or not. I think gameplay would still be the same if they were gone. It still playes the same as last year except for the hot and cold.
And what I am saying about the A player B player is how EA figured that Tavares Jackson is a A player, like how do they figure out what to give people when they dont know. The Rating system needs to be dropped and they need to fix progression to a Player Performace setting with players going up or down depending on games and then a end of the year progression.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
Yeah I know thats the truth. I just dont think the traits do anything in the game or atleast have not seen any difference in gameplay if they are. The only thing I do notice is if a player is hot or cold..
Traits make a difference.

A defender that has "Yes" for his pass rush moves can be a bigger force. A Big Hitter: Yes guy can cause a lot of fumbles (and probably knock balls loose from receivers just as they catch them?)

Plays the Ball: Aggressive will see guys attack any floaty ball or attack the ball more often. Conservative guys will tend to make the tackle, unless the ball is pretty much right at them or have other ratings that let them get a jump (high PRC and AWR, for example) - and then they "get in better position" instead of "attack the ball" (subtle difference in how the play resolves, imo).

Brace for all hits will make the ball carrier curl up into a fetal position when a big hitter/high POW guy comes around.

Clutch: Yes players sometimes (Often? Always?) get a "boost" when the game is close and in the final two minutes. Doesn't mean they'll be perfect, but they'll usually play harder. High motor impacts how far away the play can be from the player for them to continue to try to make a play/give pursuit.

And so on.

Some might be gained/lost on ratings/other factors, but they impact the player during the game and can change mid-game based on what happens to the player.

Last edited by KBLover; 03-31-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Well to push more of my M13 rhetoric, I really hope Player traits were just the beginning for Madden like Personality Plus was for FIFA. Developers have stated how the plan going forward for Madden is to lay a solid foundation in relation to features, that can be built on every year. So while I feel the OP and others about the impact of traits not seeming ideal, I definitely don't want to see them removed.

I am a strong believer in 3 year plans in relation to system changes in football and I think it applies here too. Whenever the Redskins hire a new Head Coach, I never get too high or low on the early results, instead looking for progress and reserving judgement until that 3rd year to see how it all meshes together.

Now I know full well next-gen Madden is going into it's 8th year but DPP is going into it's second year in Madden so I will be looking for marked progress but reserving judgement until M14.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 03-31-2012 at 06:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »