Home

Changes I would make to franchise mode

This is a discussion on Changes I would make to franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5
Changes I would make to franchise mode

What changes would you make to the franchise mode?
Here are my changes:

Franchise mode:
1)allow you to clear cap penalties
2) allow you to front load contracts
3) make scouting easier
4) allow you to override trades
5) no limits on number of draft picks
6) have cheering and booing on draft day along with live ceremonies on your picks, the 1st pick and the last pick
7) allow you to relocate your team even to small towns ( online only) and medium to big cities ( offline and online)
8) custom divisions and conferences
9) custom scheduling
10) factor in fair weather and die hard fan bases for teams in terms of fan support
11) move away from eBay style free agency back to the old way of doing it
12) have draft prospects go in the same order every time
13) more stocked free agent classes ( around 15 85+ players in the FA pool)
14) allow you to pursue players on other teams whose contracts are expiring and make them contract offers but your players be protected from that.
15) have compensatory picks in the draft for teams that lose fa's
16) have RFA be less costly
17) have position coaches
18) have team- authentic crowds and fans
19) have player ratings on the madden 07 scale

Optional features
1) players be picky in who they are drafted by
2) locker room drama and locker room cancers
3) coach and player personalities

Eliminate
1) dynamic player performance, ad player traits
2) eliminate consistency, clutch, and confidence ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Changes I would make to franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
Here are my changes:

Franchise mode:
3) make scouting easier

6) have cheering and booing on draft day along with live ceremonies on your picks, the 1st pick and the last pick
7) allow you to relocate your team even to small towns ( online only) and medium to big cities ( offline and online)
9) custom scheduling
10) factor in fair weather and die hard fan bases for teams in terms of fan support
14) allow you to pursue players on other teams whose contracts are expiring and make them contract offers but your players be protected from that.

Optional features

Eliminate
I agree in large part with everything you said, but I have issues with everything I bolded.

Clearing cap penalties? I've seen this comment a couple of times over the past...maybe if users didn't spend like the freaking Yankees of football and ignore the salary cap, people wouldn't be asking for this.

You already can front-load contracts...so idk what game you're playing. Scouting is already extremely easy and its possible to know exactly who is and isn't going to be an excellent player before the draft, if anything they should make it harder so my team doesn't end up 99 OVR in 2 seasons like it does now (if I don't have house rules of some sort with the draft.)

You also can override trades...with the "force trade" command and 32 team control. Plus, most of the things you ask for here make it a more realistic experience, this feature doesn't fit with that at all.

Draft prospects can't go in the same order every time as the teams who are picking in a certain order are always different. I'll agree that the import logic from NCAA needs some work, but that has no bearing on the Madden classes (and since you didn't specify, I assume you meant ALL prospects.)

Quote:
That one is called TAMPERING and is against NFL rules. You can't negotiate with players that aren't free agents yet, unless they are RFAs (and even then you still have to wait for free agency to start.) And if you absolutely must have it in your wishlist, and this can happen to the other teams, you most certainly must allow it to happen to you as well...anything other than that is just a person wishing their team could be a Pro Bowl team every year.

RFAs are expensive, and always will be expensive...its tough to pry away a desirable player from a team and since they can match your offer, the only way to get that player is to spend a lot of money.

Quote:
Eliminate
As for this, why would we have them take out something that they just put in, and something that has worked well in the FIFA franchise (granted in FIFA its called something different, but the function is basically the same.) Give them time to work on it a little bit.

And getting rid of factors like consistency, clutch, and confidence makes the players less human and more robot, which is fine if you don't want an accurate NFL simulation...but if you do, you want there to be a noticeable difference between an unproven rookie's play and Tom Brady's (without having to unnecessarily drop physical or mental ratings to make the rookie play like a scrub.) Let the rookie or unproven/inconsistent player have their flashes of greatness, but also their horrid stretches so they can earn their stripes and have those ratings grow or fall based purely on performance.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
Here are my changes:

Make it easier and less realistic.
I'm thinking no.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I'm thinking no.

Agreed...I'm pretty sure everything that had to do with gameplay or managing the team I had an issue with lol. Except draft pick limits, and even that isn't a deal breaker at all.

I completely missed the custom schedules and divisions...yeah I don't want that either. Let Madden schedule it, because they schedule just like the NFL does/would. The division thing would be cool if you were making an expansion team and the divisions were rearranged to make them more regional...other than that though, custom divisions is a waste of space.

Free agency, I do want back to the way it was...but I also don't want to make it too easy and too stacked with talent. Free agency talent is also fine the way it is, I thought I bolded and touched on that, guess not.

But I agree 100% PG, wish I had thought of your response before I typed my rant lol...woulda saved me some time and effort.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

A couple of things:
  • Madden 12 already allows for frontloading of contracts for free agents signed during the offseason free agent bidding step during the won bid resolution step.
  • The bidding process in general is a good idea and it should translate to online franchise easily, though there needs to be a better way to handle it for a multiplayer offline franchise setup; for that it's clunky. By no means should the system be reverted, however.
  • If there is a limit on number of draft picks in Madden 12, it's much higher than the ten it used to be, as I had a buncha picks in my first draft as the Cowboys (traded away veterans for mid-round picks).
  • There's no such thing as restricted free agency in the current Madden games. They ought to bring it back.
  • Dynamic player performance and related Madden 12 editions aren't going anywhere, nor should they. They were a great addition to the game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1

There are way too many FAs that are over 30. I hardly ever see a decently rated player that's under 30. And plenty of elite players get released in the NFL, there should be some players rated in the low 90's that don't get re-signed and get into the FA pool.

For the custom division thing, I totally agree. They should put stuff like that in as strictly optional, but you could really have fun messing with that for a while. They should allow you to add expansion teams (more than 32).

And they should allow you to change your teams uniform, like giving your team an alternate jersey or pants. And when you move your team they should LET YOU KEEP YOUR LOGO AND COLORS. This is beyond annoying.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Franchise mode:
I wouldn't use this but I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Like others have said you can do this already.
3) make scouting easier
Scouting is already easy.
I would love this so I don't have to control all 32 teams.
I don't know if there is one anymore. One draft I had 15 or so picks.
6) have cheering and booing on draft day along with live ceremonies
on your picks, the 1st pick and the last pick
Bringing back the cheering/booing and draft grade would be nice. The live ceremonies would get boring after a while.
I guess define small and medium. To me a small town is 1,000 or so people and that wouldn't work for an NFL team.
Wouldn't have a problem with this at all.
9) custom scheduling
I like the NFL Schedule as is.
The problem with this is since an NFL team only has 8 games a year, almost all of them are almost sold out. Works better in NBA and MLB because there are 41 and 81 home games.
I don't like either style. I would love to see them incorporate something like the NCAA recruiting process. Maybe have 5 weeks of free agency during the offseason and try to convince players to play for you. How you run your team would affect different ratings for you.
Like someone said this wouldn't work because the order of the teams are different and different teams have different needs.
In the past I wouldn't have agreed with this but I think with the new agreement, you will see more high profiled players like this year.
NFL wouldn't allow that plus why wouldn't the other teams be able to grab your players?
I agree with this.
I would love to just have RFA in Madden.
YEP
I'm not sure if they have the black hole and those redskins cross dressers (no offense to them lol) but that would be cool to have them. Of course that means more people to pay.
Don't remember the 07 scale but I would love to see an NBA 2k scale. Only first ballot HOF players should reach 99 overall.

Optional features
I wouldn't mind seeing something like NBA 2k12 with the pre draft interview.
Unfortunately the NFL or NFLPA wouldn't allow this because nobody wants to be known as a cancer. I personally would love to see this.
Would love to see coaches personalities like in Head Coach.
Eliminate
I think these are a good thing.
This is a huge part of the NFL game. Consistency, clutch, and confidence are huge in winning a game.

My key addition (said by others before)
1)Make players overall be affected by what offense/defense/position they are playing. Big example is defensive linemen/linebacker ratings being affected by either being in 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

2) There should be different depth for different defenses (4-3, 3-4, 4-6)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
My key addition (said by others before)
[/b]1)Make players overall be affected by what offense/defense/position they are playing. Big example is defensive linemen/linebacker ratings being affected by either being in 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

2) There should be different depth for different defenses (4-3, 3-4, 4-6)
I couldn't agree more. Have you ever done a fantasy draft in franchise? Well basically the computer chooses the next highest rated player, regardless of the teams system.

For example, you'll see 3-4 Defensive ends go to 4-3 teams, when if they were in that system in real life, they'd be move to the interior as a defensive tackle. But somehow they still have success rushing from the outside when in reality they don't have the speed and athletic ability to rush from the outside. But it doesn't seem to matter because you'll see guys like Haloti Ngata, Darnell Dockett or Aaron Smith get like 15 sacks in a season at the end of one year which is completely unrealistic.

And when 4-3 defensive ends go to a 3-4 team, they regress because they get no sacks in that system. This system is flawed and they really need to add more depth to positions.

They should have: 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT, or even 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE. And this goes for any hybrid position but that's all I can think of at the moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »