Home

A few minor gripes

This is a discussion on A few minor gripes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A few minor gripes

1. Is there ever a free agent signing period with more than 1 or 2 big names players in it? I like that the cpu teams resign most of their top talent but some of these guys resign for waaaay less money than they would get on the real market and that's how the computer teams afford to do it.

2. Is there something I'm doing wrong to not sell out all of my games. So far through a year and a half of franchise play I've lost 3 games. Lambeau is about 70% full for some of my home games. The super bowl year one was also no where near a sell out.

3. This might just be me not know where to look, but can you see who is going to be available in free agency before the speed-biding begins? It would be nice to be able to create a plan of action before the chaos begins. (PS other than that detail I really like this style of FA bidding.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: A few minor gripes

What i do for F/A is quickly go in and check top talent at positions of need then push circle to leave, think about it, then go back in and attack.

I dont know what you can do about attendants though because my Panthers franchise always looked soldout.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Responses to OP:

1. Is there ever a free agent signing period with more than 1 or 2 big names players in it? I like that the cpu teams resign most of their top talent but some of these guys resign for waaaay less money than they would get on the real market and that's how the computer teams afford to do it.

A lot of times in the real NFL players take what they call "hometown discounts"...You may see the "big names" hit the market in real life (for instance, LaRon Landry this year), but he was only let go because of his injury history and that he was a liability in coverage. I liken using Free Agency to one of my favorite quotes about football and management: "If they aren't good enough to play for the team that drafted them, why would they be someone we would want?"..

2. Is there something I'm doing wrong to not sell out all of my games. So far through a year and a half of franchise play I've lost 3 games. Lambeau is about 70% full for some of my home games. The super bowl year one was also no where near a sell out.

That's not your fault, I think the crowd was just off in Madden NFL 12. As far as I've seen, it doesn't matter how your record is relating to attendance.

3. This might just be me not know where to look, but can you see who is going to be available in free agency before the speed-biding begins? It would be nice to be able to create a plan of action before the chaos begins. (PS other than that detail I really like this style of FA bidding.)

No, there is no FA preview in Madden NFL 12. I agree, that was an oversight but it makes it that much more important that you target your needs before you enter FA and honestly I like that it prevents going absolutely bananas signing everybody.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

The only guys that ever get into free agency on my game are too old to sign. They ask for the same amount of money as if they were in their 20's but I know they will decline sharply after 1 year.

I've had only 1 good free agency class and it was because the Raiders somehow messed up their salary cap and had to let Darren McFadden and Lamarr Houston go into free agency.

You can pause the timer in free agency by pressing y or triangle depending on whatever system you have. It pulls up your roster breakdown screen then you can get out of that and all the timers will be stopped. Then just press start and continue the bidding to make the timers start again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »