Home

What is the worst game you have every had in your franchise?

This is a discussion on What is the worst game you have every had in your franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What is the worst game you have every had in your franchise?

What is the worst game you have ever had in one season? I just played my 6th game In my new franchise with the cheifs. I had a game so bad I almost just desided to call it off and start a new franchise. I went 2 for 21 with cassle and 1 td for 59 yards. and the game went into over time tied 17-17. It was the worst game I have ever had. I don;t know what was going on but something tells me the cpu had something to do with some of it. All the other games I was averaging about 200 yards a game and staying in around the 50% compleation range and all were fairly close games but one. This game my wide outs dropped wide open pass like i have never seen before. I had one guy with 8 dropped passes on his stats at the end of the game and another guy with 5. Most of the drops they were wide open. It was not like i was bombing the passes down field the whole time either I was trying everything dumping it wide open hbs in the flats curl routs slants you name it. I have never had a game this bad.

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 04-16-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What is the worst game you have every had in your franchise?

I got destroyed 49-14 or something in one Super Bowl. Nothing went right at all. Offensive was hit and miss and giving the ball away and the defense just basically threw up their hands at some point (don't blame them - they were exhausted anyway).

It could have been worse, but the defense did manage a couple takeaways and a missed FG was in the mix.

Next worst isn't terrible, per se, but I give up 200+ on the ground...to one HB. Somehow, we kept that game sort of close, but man, just felt helpless to stop him. I wrote his name down and stuck it on my TV and when I play this team (it's the Panthers, I'm the Bucs...) I glare at it and grip the controller a little tighter.

Of course the punk did it again next meeting, but not since...yet. He's still on that team...

I'm watching you, Khari Thomas.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm only in the first season with my current franchise. My team is the Colts, but I put all the Colts players on other teams and built my team entirely from the free agent pool. As you can imagine my team sucks pretty bad.

I had a game against the Steelers a few days ago, where David Garrard (my QB) got sacked I think about 8 or 9 times, I threw three INTs and fumbled at least another three times, two of which they ran back for TDs. I think I got about 100 yards in total offense that game, and my defense was like swiss cheese. It didn't help that they had Reggie Wayne as one of their receivers either.
I can't remember the exact score but it was something like 56 - 10. I ended up getting a pick-6 and I managed only a field goal on offense. Roethlisberger and Timmons (5 sacks, fumble recovery TD) ended up as the players of the week. Luckily I have played a lot better since then.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

NFC championship game against the Ravens. I was using a created team and Joseph Addai was my runningback. He fumbled the ball 5 times. I went and checked my settings and everything was the same, and I checked his carry rating and it was pretty decent. Vince Young fumbled twice but I could actually understand that because he has a bad carry rating. It was still a close game because my defense was playing great but every time I was on offense I fumbled. Ended up losing by 7 points after I almost came back in the 4th quarter. I was down 28 going in and almost pulled out a great comeback. The computer cheated me and thats why I lost.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I threw 6 interceptions in a game. I also had a game where I had 19 carries for 11 yards on the ground and my number 1 and 2 backs both got hurt. The cpu was dead set on not allowing me to run the ball. Most of the time the RB would get hit right after the hand off. It seems like sometimes the computer just won't let you pass, and other times it won't let you run. Usually it is way too difficult to pass during rain games. That's why I always move my team to a dome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Couple of seasons ago Miles Austin set the all time single game record for recieving yards and touchdowns. Can't remember the numbers but it was against a fully healthy, redhot Steelers defense. Lost that game.

Threw four beautiful passes to Stanford Routt once, including a quick out in the endzone that he easily returned for 6. Found out how slow Big Ben really is cuz he dissapeared from view way before Routt reached midfield but Mike Wallace almost caught him in the endzone.....thanks to zero speed threshold setting.

Last edited by dirtguru; 04-18-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

My bad games usually consist of calling an overly aggressive defense early and giving up a big play for TD, fumbling the ball away on my first drive for a touchdown, and then forcing something and giving up a pick-6 or their offense promptly scoring.

All in the first quarter.

I love the hard fought games, grind them out and finally start to pull away. Feels like that happens more in NCAA though for whatever reason this year... probably because of the bigger disparity between good and bad teams.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

My worst game wasn't necessarily me or my team playing bad. But my 3 defensive starters and my #2 WR got hurt for at least 7 weeks each...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »