Home

Online Gaming for Money - Thoughts & Opinions

This is a discussion on Online Gaming for Money - Thoughts & Opinions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Online Gaming for Money - Thoughts & Opinions

Hey guys I've thought about playing Madden & NCAA 12 online for money but need some thoughts, opinions, etc. Anyone here play virgin gaming, rivalspot or any other gaming site for money?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Online Gaming for Money - Thoughts & Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4421
Hey guys I've thought about playing Madden & NCAA 12 online for money but need some thoughts, opinions, etc. Anyone here play virgin gaming, rivalspot or any other gaming site for money?

i've never played madden for money but i heard the virgin gaming one is a rip off from a few ppl who played on it.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i've never played madden for money but i heard the virgin gaming one is a rip off from a few ppl who played on it.
I can vouch for this, there are no rules in the virgin gaming event so its anything goes. Which is dumb since virgin knows they're glitches out there being used but nothing they dont want to put up with.

As far as the other sites out there, they have rules but its best you record your games and put an emphasis on the rules due to people trying to test you anyway!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

I signed up for an introductory $5 at one site - then entered a $5 tournament. Their authentication system didn't verify my win despite the EA game report, video evidence, and the results appearing in my recent opponents.

I decided not to play online for money anymore.

Although the idea of competing for money is alluring - I'd rather administrate than compete.

Later
Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Here is an older thread with more info about Virgin Gaming.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-legality.html

As far as online gaming for money, as an avid online poker player, I am all for it. However, like Smoke alluded to, my main issue with online sports gaming for cash is no spectator mode currently available. I personally believe if there was a site that required having the equipment to broadcast games or sports gaming companies added a spectator function for moderating contests, this niche would be much bigger.

I probably do will try to do something like that for Madden 13, getting gamers together in an online franchise that have or are willing to get broadcast equipment so they can watch each others games live and have recorded game film. Not for money really but I will probably give away gift cards for versus accolades. That is IF Madden 13 upgrades the online franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

The problem with online gaming for cash is there are not enough people willing to lose there money to people who play the game non-stop to the point they can beat the game itself, not necessarily you.

I think it works in a smaller, tourney environment where people are physically present and watching the games etc. But playing for money and prizes in leagues will never work in my opinion. You have to have 32 guys in an Online Franchise... 15-20 of them most likely will never have a shot to win anything.

Why would they buy in season after season knowing the same 3 or 4 guys in the league will be competing for the title. It's just not sustainable for league play. I'm not even mentioning the effects it would have on gameplay, especially in critical situations.

These are just opinions though, some guys see a future similar to fantasy football where guys pony up entry fee every season and winner takes the cash... I just don't see how that will work long term.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
The problem with online gaming for cash is there are not enough people willing to lose there money to people who play the game non-stop to the point they can beat the game itself, not necessarily you.

I think it works in a smaller, tourney environment where people are physically present and watching the games etc. But playing for money and prizes in leagues will never work in my opinion. You have to have 32 guys in an Online Franchise... 15-20 of them most likely will never have a shot to win anything.

Why would they buy in season after season knowing the same 3 or 4 guys in the league will be competing for the title. It's just not sustainable for league play. I'm not even mentioning the effects it would have on gameplay, especially in critical situations.

These are just opinions though, some guys see a future similar to fantasy football where guys pony up entry fee every season and winner takes the cash... I just don't see how that will work long term.
Because we dont give them the impression that "we cant be beat", its an "any given Sunday" type of atmosphere we (I) have been looking for on the tourney scene. Im pretty most feel the same way too, I attended a couple MCs and a few local and out of state tournaments but it always came down to the guy with the best execution of his glitches that won.

You take that away, and its open season and a lot less problems, in the environment the of a 32 SIM franchise league for money, you can only get better and most of the time your opponent isnt cheating and his plays can be stopped by conventional methods that are in line with the game. You just have to get better within the group of guys you are playing against!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6

You take that away, and its open season and a lot less problems, in the environment the of a 32 SIM franchise league for money, you can only get better and most of the time your opponent isnt cheating and his plays can be stopped by conventional methods that are in line with the game. You just have to get better within the group of guys you are playing against!
Like i said, i think you can find 16 guys that maybe that is true for.. but the bottom half of the league will figure out they are going to struggle to compete after a few seasons go buy. Plus, how do you get guys to take the worst teams? They are obviously at a disadvantage at the start.. maybe you make them pay less in the beginning.. or maybe you put a price on every team when starting the season.. the better the team, the more money you have to put in.

I just think that regardless of rules or community you have in place, when money is on the line and the chips are down.. somebody is going to do something that is borderline or questionable when it comes to what you would consider sim or realistic league play.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »