Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Unless they cut off half the screen on Wednesday and unless they just use the ANT tool for demonstration, we'll be able to see if it has anything to do with OL vs DL then along with physics ect. If they are showing game play from a build on Wednesday, then whatever is Game Play 2, has to be different than whatever you see on Wednesday or it will be the same and they just elaborate on it.
Exactly. That's why I believe it's an upgrade of DPP, DPP 2.0 if you will. That's not something we would notice in game play clips showcasing the new passing and "look" features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #42
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
No mention of franchise has me worried
I agree. I understand that they probably will tweak it a bit but the fact they have nothing planned to tell us if they tweaked anything in Franchise Mode worries me as well. So many bugs in Franchise from last year that needs to be fixed, but I don't know, seems like I may be right that Madden 13 isn't a game I'm going to buy this year.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #43
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
No mention of franchise has me worried
I think Franchise is a "career mode" though.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

I think this means that Online Franchise, Offline Franchise and Superstar are now all connected together. I think that's why they are not slated for different playbooks like last year.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 04-23-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #44
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I hope that is the case BIG FN. I assumed it was to do with social media connection. Hope I am incorrect, as I would have no interest in that.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 49

I am going to laugh so hard if the big gameplay surprise is Kenect features.

I'm not exactly pumped about finding out this new info. This has been done to many times now by EA marketing. It's like the boy who cried wolf for me at this point.

I'll check back to see what was posted on the 25th. Thanks for the heads up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 16
Complete overhaul? Does this mean that the screenshots that we have seen so far were used with madden 12 player models?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #47
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Looking forward to seeing the news on M13!
Party 4/25/12
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

I hope so too. The social media stuff seems to be a separate thing TBA.

I think a lot of wishlists were asking for the career modes to be streamlined together so an upgrade for one, would essentially be an upgrade for all. That would hopefully eliminate the situation of one career mode suffering because of the resources allocated to another in a given dev cycle.

So now if online, offline franchise and superstar mode have been somehow combined, with various options dictating how they are played, I think that's great.

I picture one big franchise mode where you can choose to play offline, online and just control one player or maybe even coach if you want, leaving all the other duties to the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »