Home

Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

This is a discussion on Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Real Time Physics accidently revealed in presentation webcast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
im sorry fellas but as a full time fifa 12 player(right now its been the only game im playing for the past month or so)....that is NOT physics. what that looks like is just a longer cleaner animation for the guy spreading his legs. afterall, they did admit to over 450 new catch animations. im sure tackle animations got some love as always too.

in that tackle...it didnt do the weird "vantriliquist bobble legs" and then a "snap back" that the fifa physics does sometimes as someone suggested earlier. the animation was "controlled" unlike the fifa physics where they sometimes do weird outta control vantriliquist moves then snaps back into control. in that tackle his legs spread in a controlled manner, he even stepped on the ground and dug in the ground and pushed off to close his legs and get up. clean full animation only...not once did his limbs go outta control and have physics engine take over. i wanted to believe it, but its just not there.
I've played Fifa 12 and NHL 12 and know what you mean by "vantriliquist bobble legs" and Snap back physics...but that doesn't mean that the tech hasn't improved from last year or that they are even using the same engine.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #74
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadn5
I've played Fifa 12 and NHL 12 and know what you mean by "vantriliquist bobble legs" and Snap back physics...but that doesn't mean that the tech hasn't improved from last year or that they are even using the same engine.
Exactly, tech definitely can improve. Look at NHL's first year with it, and look at the game now, definitely works better. Also they couldn't have the same exact system as soccer game used in a football game. I mean look at the difference between backbreaker and fifa.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #75
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Even if it is in madden I don't think it will be NCAA. Remember when they introduce pro tak in10 it didn't make it into NCAA till 11. Madden is their flagship title and they need to make it differnt in some way.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #76
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

This is the reaction me and my friend had when we seen the kickoff clip. Some of the quotes in this scenario may or may not have been exaggerated.

Me: "Okay. Kickoff... zig-zag running... dude, WTF?"

Friend: "What? Is it a glitch?"

Me: "No, run it back to about 32:10, bro."

*watches clip back-to-back 10 times*

Me: "Is... is this what I think it is?" *gets teary-eyed, chokes back tears* "Is this the moment I've been waiting for?"

Friend: "I think so, dude. I might cry, dude."

Madden dev #1: "Don't worry, this is all pre-alpha. We know our fans are pretty-"

Madden dev #2: "We know it's the Hines Ward thing, haha!"

Me: "WHAT THE HELL??? WHO CARES ABOUT HINES WARD?! TALK ABOUT WHAT I JUST SAW DURING THE TACKLING! DON'T PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS!!!"
Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #77
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I WANT to believe that this video is showing what others are suggesting. But... I just can't. My heart won't let me believe it until I hear it from the horse's mouth.
I can understand skepticism about the degree in which this will be implemented, but there is no doubt at all it is being shown in that kick return. From the rag dolls in Rainbow 6 all those years ago to what the latest FIFA does, that is definitely some real time calculating - anyone who has seen this stuff in countless games can spot it from a mile away. I saw it instantly in real time when watching the video despite it only being a few seconds. Short of EA accidentally showing an extremely early M14/proof of concept build in that segment, or having to back out for some reason, I don't think there's any doubt some sort of implementation is in store for M13.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #78
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I hope you guys are right, I really do. If it is true, EA will have certainly lived up to the statement they made about "going big this year."
Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #79
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

meh. my favorite bit is where the receiver cuts in and the defender reacts way late because he wasn't looking. that play looks amazing. i also love the drew brees dropback and the look of the passing game in general. as for this, i don't think so. if we had a few clips to judge, then maybe. but one play? not enough to move the mercury in my hope meter.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
meh. my favorite bit is where the receiver cuts in and the defender reacts way late because he wasn't looking. that play looks amazing. i also love the drew brees dropback and the look of the passing game in general. as for this, i don't think so. if we had a few clips to judge, then maybe. but one play? not enough to move the mercury in my hope meter.
Yea, that was an awesome play.
Btw, what did you do to deserve this?

Quote:
# 1Ian_Cummings @ Jun 19, 2011
You sir, are a dick. So glad I can say that now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »