Home

CC Feature - Most Disappointment

This is a discussion on CC Feature - Most Disappointment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Most Disappointment Feature?
No editing in CC 312 50.08%
No fantasy draft 77 12.36%
No importing draft classes from NCAA 178 28.57%
Other (specify in thread) 56 8.99%
Voters: 623. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #401
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And, actually, M12 DOES have duplicate numbers. I have had draftees come in with the same number, signings - I've edited just to change duplicate numbers before.
Was that in online or offline franchise? I've seen the duplicates in online franchise (which was broken, scrapped, and rebuilt - essentially) but never personally can remember encountering that offline.

Considering that the career modes we're used to have been built from scratch, plus the dedication to "getting things right," I think it's fair to hold out hope that the game has logic to prevent duplicate numbers, and bases them on position groups at least until it's been confirmed that these issues exist in the newly built mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #402
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: CC Feature - Most Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Kaiser Wilhelm and KBLover, do you think more people will try CCM as is with or without the options to customize it?
Do you mean do I think more would try it as is or if it had some customizing options? If so, I think some options would help, especially for the more major features like the XP system. And even with that, it's more a "push it behind the scenes and have it impact development without having to 'buy' skills" instead of a "no XP at all".

For all anyone could tell, the "tendency" that players had (Balanced, Coverage, Run Stopper, etc) in development in M12 (edit a player and it's the field near the top by the OVR) could give the CPU ways to "point-buy" behind the scenes to develop the player while still looking like the "old way". In the mean time, the lack of potential, the new ratings, the goals - all still matter.

It would still be there, but not in the forefront and not something the player has to deal with, but would still impact the gameplay of the mode, which I think is the more/most important thrust of the system.

If you mean, do I think a lot of people will try CCM as is - of course. Like I said, there's always going to be a segment of the community, and often a majority, that try new stuff. The vision cone is an example. When it first got in, people tried it and it didn't catch on. If no one tried it, no one would have an opinion on it either way. It was optional - yet it still got tried and some liked it and some didn't.

This passing system is going to be one of those things too, I believe. The trajectories, the lit icons (if that's still in), etc.

I don't disagree that the thinking is to "dump everyone in the pool" and have them experience the new feature. Developers do it often. I just think the "OOTP approach" is a more moderate approach that won't dampen the new features (because people will try them), but not make others feel forced (even if they do like it, eventually, that initial defensiveness could color the impression if not just the feature, but the whole game).

Having experienced that "moderate approach" and seeing how well it works, it makes me wish more developers did it - and if one guy can do it...
Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #403
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Lastly, there is plenty of evidence that EA is capable of differentiating between online and offline CC. You guys make it sound like rocket science. Do you guys honestly think it's SOO hard to implement offline player editing while maintaining online?
Is that a question for the members of the community or EA Tiburon? Because in three iterations, they've failed to implement a lot of things into the mode, including player editing and use of custom rosters. If you're asking me, then I'd say yes, it appears to be fairly challenging.

I'm still failing to understand why these modes needed to be snycronized as one. Especially if it has repercussions, like this.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #404
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Was that in online or offline franchise? I've seen the duplicates in online franchise (which was broken, scrapped, and rebuilt - essentially) but never personally can remember encountering that offline.

Considering that the career modes we're used to have been built from scratch, plus the dedication to "getting things right," I think it's fair to hold out hope that the game has logic to prevent duplicate numbers, and bases them on position groups at least until it's been confirmed that these issues exist in the newly built mode.
That was offline. I had two guys with a #50. It confused me for the longest because I kept seeing #50 and he never got tired. I was like WTF? (I play on 100 fatigue) and thought maybe he had some kind of Iron Man rating or something. Turns out - I just had two #50s! One of them played on special teams and one played in the base sets. Waites, the S.T. guy was already on the squad, and I signed a #50, Barker, as a FA.

Draftees and FA signings were the main culprit from my experience.

It's more than fair to expect duplicate numbers to not be there, I agree. In fact, I assumed it wasn't, hence my confusion about #50 above!

As far as the incorrect position number - a LB had #7 when he got on my team. Another WTF moment there. I checked my depth chart after seeing that ("why is a QB/K on my punt coverage team??) and actually had a pretty good laugh about it. And prompted edited him when the game was over.

Last edited by KBLover; 06-12-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 4

What a joke, I just want to play a season up to the Superbowl and be able to edit my rosters. I don't care about franchise or experience points, but now I can't even do that, unbelievable, a sports game with no season mode. I think EA has outsmarted themselves this time. I guess it's time to retire from football and move on to games made by better game companies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #406
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I'm still failing to understand why these modes needed to be snycronized as one. Especially if it has repercussions, like this.
The community has asked for it. Both in the literal sense of combining offline and online into the same mode, and by asking that online franchise mirror offline franchise.

Much easier to make updates/improvements/fixes for 1 mode than it is for 3 separate ones. The decision makes perfect logistic sense
to me, there's just some unfortunate collateral damage during the transition period.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #407
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31

If the game feels as smooth as NCAA football 13 thated be great
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #408
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
What a joke, I just want to play a season up to the Superbowl and be able to edit my rosters. I don't care about franchise or experience points, but now I can't even do that, unbelievable, a sports game with no season mode. I think EA has outsmarted themselves this time. I guess it's time to retire from football and move on to games made by better game companies.
Which games have a simple "season" mode anymore? I haven't played a mode like that since franchise mode was introduced. So... 2003?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »