Home

Madden 13: Buy or No Buy

This is a discussion on Madden 13: Buy or No Buy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you getting Madden 13?
Absolutely! 296 53.05%
Not this year! 107 19.18%
Maybe after seeing feedback from those with the game. 132 23.66%
Rent only 23 4.12%
Voters: 558. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #233
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 13: Buy or No Buy

Not this year!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #234
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Yeah, exactly. The fact that EA has got down basic player movement makes kind of pissed off at the fact they are trying to add twitter. Sorry for misunderstanding, and sorry if someone else misunderstands.
I understand, it's a justifiable reason, I just don't agree.

To each their own.

I could say the same things all day for myself with penalties missing, in-game saves missing , OL/DL interactions, and any other missing feature.

I just don't believe in knocking something until I try it. If it's a bug infested mode, you will hear me knocking. If it's a great addition, I will also comment about that.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #235
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Bottomline, nobody should be praising CC or condemning it before they play it.
Except, you are regularly praising it.

Which is fine. Its great that you're positive about what they are doing. You like the direction based off your experiences with HC09.

But on the same token, I -can- criticize the direction they are taking when it doesn't satisfy what I'm looking for, can't I?

Of course I could be wrong, and I hope to be, I -want- to like Madden, but after 20 years of not liking Madden, combined with not liking the decisions made for this next installment, I don't have faith in EA delivering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #236
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@Aggies and Franchise editing is not a gameplay option. it is customization, and customization is always the last thing added to a game.

the resources used for twitter feeds and storylines are not the same that would be used for adding customization. twitter feeds and storylines prolly took less coding than editing would. writers were the main group working on twitter and storylines, not people that would be working on editing
Customization ultimately leads to gameplay, and customization takes precedent over cosmetics... Or should. Obviously not a philosophy EA buys into. Glitter over substance for EA / Tiburon.

That customization that was removed means I cannot apply my own schemes and philosophies because I have no custom playbooks. In a game where I am supposed to create my own coach, isn't that kind of a fundamental aspect of being a coach? Installing a scheme and philosophy? Not possible in Madden '13 - a very fundamental aspect of the game they are trying to represent.

I can't play a franchise offline with friends. That literally restricts and forbids gameplay.

Editing is used to fix gameplay issues to correct EA's many constant errors and oversights. EA can't get it right on their own, we NEED to have editing in order to make the game playable.

What does twitter add? A negligible comment from a fictional Skip Bayless, who doesn't have worthwhile insight in real life let alone a video game, that has no bearing what so ever on the actual game. It just makes it look prettier, shinier, and glittier because hey, now a fictional Skip Bayless adds a fictional comment on what happened in a game that still has broken mechanics and doesn't even allow me to play the way I want to anyways.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #237
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Except, you are regularly praising it.

Which is fine. Its great that you're positive about what they are doing. You like the direction based off your experiences with HC09.

But on the same token, I -can- criticize the direction they are taking when it doesn't satisfy what I'm looking for, can't I?

Of course I could be wrong, and I hope to be, I -want- to like Madden, but after 20 years of not liking Madden, combined with not liking the decisions made for this next installment, I don't have faith in EA delivering.
I understand, let's put this way, based on the features of HC09, I hope to like CC. If I don't or if I do, my voice will be heard either way.

I'm assuming you didn't play HC09, then??

If you were a heavy user of the features being left out, then yes, I can see why you wouldn't even purchase the game.

And yes, feel free to criticize the direction the path EA is currently taking. It appears this new team is taking the wrong direction for some gamers.

Last edited by roadman; 06-18-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #238
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Never count myself out so I voted Maybe after seeing feedback from those with the game, but the odds are very low.

First I have to get a new game system-my fifth 360 finally went out for good.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #239
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand, let's put this way, based on the features of HC09, I hope to like CC. If I don't or if I do, my voice will be heard either way.

I'm assuming you didn't play HC09, then??

If you were a heavy user of the features being left out, then yes, I can see why you wouldn't even purchase the game.

And yes, feel free to criticize the direction the path EA is currently taking. It appears this new team is taking the wrong direction for some gamers.
I haven't played Head Coach, no.

Really, I just want to enjoy an NFL football game again, but that's impossible as long as the exclusive license is in effect and Madden is the only option. But that's another subject that I agreed to stay off of.

I just didn't think the direction would take a turn for the worse. RPG based progression, and removal of key customization options is just bad. Little emphasis put on the on field product yet again which is where the real problems with the game lay. Nope, I don't have faith in the Infinity engine to fix the problems I have with Madden.

Again, I could very well be wrong, and I -hope- to be wrong. I hope that infinity + pass trajectory + fixed DB's is a formula leading to a Franchise408 approved Madden, and I will happily come to this forum to eat crow.

I'm gonna buy Madden, simply because I'm EA's ideal consumer, the one who will buy it regardless because of the NFL license, and ill be in the official "how's your franchise going?" thread, the question is, will I be in that thread for many years of happy gaming, or 2-3 years of controller throwing frustration that leads to an early sell back? I'm hoping for the former, expecting the latter.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #240
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Never count myself out so I voted Maybe after seeing feedback from those with the game, but the odds are very low.

First I have to get a new game system-my fifth 360 finally went out for good.

Now see why this would show that football games would be better on PCs? At least you can leave a computer on almost indefinitely without worrying about it "burning out". Just my 2 cents.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »