Home

Game Speed - CC (Online Franchise)

This is a discussion on Game Speed - CC (Online Franchise) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Game Speed - CC (Online Franchise)

Here are two videos I just found quick on youtube of Madden 12.

First one is very slow speed. Second one is normal speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVVwvyz-ZkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ghITrADNU
Old 06-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #10
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTriiipZx
Yes. The gameplay is essentially just slower... but the main issues with gameplay in Madden are the ones involving locomotion. When you turn the game speed down to slow or very slow I promise you will notice an improvement in play.

The zig-zagging and change of direction will still be a problem, but it's not even close to being as bad. I really don't know how to explain it. I just know that many of us in our online franchise felt it provided a more realistic game.

(Not trying to bash a game and start a debate here. I enjoy both 2K and Madden) Go pop in APF 2K8. Then pop in Madden and play with the game speed on normal. APF is much much much slower paced. It just gives a smoother feel.

Very excited to hear that we will have the option to change this. Thanks for the responses
I agree with the "really don't know how to explain it" part because something I can't put my finger on, just works about it. Like I said before, the Game Speed seems more targeted at locomotion or momentum in M12 than in M10, where it seemed like a slow motion effect for the entire game. I think many people, like myself, have avoided it thinking it will cause everything to develop entirely too slow like it did in M10 imo but that doesn't seem to be the case. I wish more people would try this out.

To the bold, you mean that people in your Online Franchise wanted it for online, NOT that you guys were using it for Online Franchise, right? Just clarifying because I didn't think M12 Online Franchises had the Game Speed option.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree with the "really don't know how to explain it" part because something I can't put my finger on, just works about it. Like I said before, the Game Speed seems more targeted at locomotion or momentum in M12 than in M10, where it seemed like a slow motion effect for the entire game. I think many people, like myself, have avoided it thinking it will cause everything to develop entirely too slow like it did in M10 imo but that doesn't seem to be the case. I wish more people would try this out.

To the bold, you mean that people in your Online Franchise wanted it for online, NOT that you guys were using it for Online Franchise, right? Just clarifying because I didn't think M12 Online Franchises had the Game Speed option.
Yes. I meant that we wanted it for online franchise. It, along with just about everything else, wasn't an option in M12. I'm more than happy to give up my ability to edit a player's facemask in franchise in order to have all of this stuff online. (But that's only because I almost never played offline franchise anyway)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTriiipZx
Here are two videos I just found quick on youtube of Madden 12.

First one is very slow speed. Second one is normal speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVVwvyz-ZkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ghITrADNU
Thanks for the examples, the difference in the ability to change directions seems night and day to me in those videos but the actual pace of the game doesn't seem effected.

I feel like we are screaming in a black hole at this point and I don't see why more people aren't showing interest in this. lol

I remember some posters on here mentioning this stuff about Game Speed and Very Slow being better but then I assumed that it overly effected the pace and flow of the game, like in M10. I am really excited to see how this Game Speed effects M13 and RTP. This was my biggest remaining concern for M13 aside from the stuff I knew wasn't being fixed and Game Speed option has me optimistic.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Thanks for the examples, the difference in the ability to change directions seems night and day to me in those videos but the actual pace of the game doesn't seem effected.

I feel like we are screaming in a black hole at this point and I don't see why more people aren't showing interest in this. lol

I remember some posters on here mentioning this stuff about Game Speed and Very Slow being better but then I assumed that it overly effected the pace and flow of the game, like in M10. I am really excited to see how this Game Speed effects M13 and RTP. This was my biggest remaining concern for M13 aside from the stuff I knew wasn't being fixed and Game Speed option has me optimistic.
Yeah. The first video (the first play) he starts zig zagging with McFadden almost right away... but it doesn't look ridiculous and impossible to defend like it would be on normal.

I still think that leagues will need to have zig zagging rules regardless, but I believe it will still be pretty helpful being able to tone the game speed down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »