Home

how many of u...

This is a discussion on how many of u... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5
how many of u...

will be forgiving of all the options removed from the game if the gameplay is solid and the new additions are solid. i just wonder if no matter how good the new CC mode will be if people will give it a fair chance. i know alot of people are not happy about the custom options being removed and the shared franchise option being removed. it seems like madden is rolling the dice hard this year. it almost has to be a cant miss with the ability to change so much gone. if they take the option to edit players and equipment out or the option to control all 32 teams out, then they must be confident in the cpu making solid decisions. i just hope i dont see RGiii or luck getting cut or made available for trade. i hope at least if they are or other players along them lines are availabe, then you have to trade the farm for em. so i guess my question is how many of u can get past the deleted features if the gameplay and new additions are solid?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Rookie

fzbronco77's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: how many of u...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
will be forgiving of all the options removed from the game if the gameplay is solid and the new additions are solid. i just wonder if no matter how good the new CC mode will be if people will give it a fair chance. i know alot of people are not happy about the custom options being removed and the shared franchise option being removed. it seems like madden is rolling the dice hard this year. it almost has to be a cant miss with the ability to change so much gone. if they take the option to edit players and equipment out or the option to control all 32 teams out, then they must be confident in the cpu making solid decisions. i just hope i dont see RGiii or luck getting cut or made available for trade. i hope at least if they are or other players along them lines are availabe, then you have to trade the farm for em. so i guess my question is how many of u can get past the deleted features if the gameplay and new additions are solid?
I'm pretty much a Madden die-hard. Have been since I started playing back in '01. I think that leaving out the editing is a huge mistake because a lot of people, myself included, shuffle through every team making changes as we see fit.

As far as controlling all 32 teams go; if I didn't have a wife and 3 kids I guess I would care about the loss of that feature, but that is just way too time consuming.

I can live with the changes that are being made for M13 for now, but if I start seeing franchise players being cut like you mentioned, then its going right back to the store I purchased it at.

Sure Madden is catered towards the casual gamer anymore, but EA will witness monumental losses in sales if they cannot keep their hardcore gamer's happy.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Fighter of the Nightman!

TheDayMan56's Arena

OVR: 2
I never really edited much, I usually only added myself as LOLB or DE in the Cowboys starting D, and I've always just played as 1 team only during franchise mode, never did care what the cpu did.

Btw I'm still a little confused on the 'Connected Career' mode (I missed Madden12 due to being deployed). I could care less about online play, can I still play an offline franchise by myself in M13? That's all I care about.

Sent from my DROID4
Old 07-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

I've already forgave'em but I'm really gonna miss importin' draft classes this year from NCAA
Old 07-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Throw is non generic faced players who have more than established themselves in this league along with updated portraits, and were on the right track to forgiveness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I was never unhappy about this. I think the direction of CCM is excellent... it just makes you think about your 'edits' rather than willy nilly like.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

If you can't see after watching much of the videos that there isn't much changed in the gameplay then there will never be anything done to get you to see. The key word in the OP is *IF* and that's a huge if. Concerning EA's history there is no such thing as IF, aside from there is a such thing as *when*. When it's released and we see no significant changes.

Example; EA supposedly changed and upgraded their engine a few years back that would allow for better gang tackles. Turns out this was a huge lie. Gang tackles are pretty non-existent as tacklers still fall off like they've been shot in the face.

So how can you change the gaming engine with something new, yet the same animations from before are still there? I should not see this while watching the videos. And I see the same game. So removing or dumming the game down more is only another gimmick to boost sales, while saying they've significant'y upgraded their engine.

Remember, and never forget this again: "EA IS THE KING OF ADVERTISING" in the video gaming Industry.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

I enjoy editing rosters it's not something I ever spent a lot of time on, but I still enjoyed it. I also imported classes from NCAA every year and I've been playing couch co-op Franchises for the last 10+ years. Even though none of this is possible this year I am willing to give EA a pass seeing as this is an entirely new mode that looks like it has a lot of potential. However, if CCM disappoints or feels stale after a month or two I'll be trading in M13 and I won't purchase any Madden games until some of these features come back. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »