Home

If Fair Play was back in Madden......

This is a discussion on If Fair Play was back in Madden...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If Fair Play was back in Madden....
(offline gamer) I still wouldn't play online. 26 30.23%
(offline gamer) I would play online. 17 19.77%
(online gamer) I would play online less. 1 1.16%
(online gamer) I wouldn't change how much I played online. 17 19.77%
(online gamer) I would play online more. 25 29.07%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
If Fair Play was back in Madden......

So the poll is pretty self explanatory. I'm curious to see, if fair play was in the game, would more people play online. A lot of people in this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nline-why.html

said they don't play online because of all the excessive going for it on 4th down and what not. If EA brought back fair play, would more of you venture online for your games? Maybe if there is an overwhelming response that, with fair play people would go online more, the devs would think about putting it back in.

Also for any of you that don't know what fair play is, pretty much it was the game limiting what you can do in game. For example: If you had the lead you HAD to punt on 4th down. Every other option was grayed out. It limited what you could or couldn't do in the game for the sake of realism. It wasn't infallible but I did have a lot more sim playnow games when it was in Madden. To this day, I still don't know why they took it out. That is probably one of the biggest mistakes they've made over the years IMO.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: If Fair Play was back in Madden......

I think it would be good to bring back IF they tweaked it more. Like not allowing people to go for it on 4th down except for certain instances, like 4 & inches, or 4th & short in the opponents territory. Also would like to see it include limiting the number of on-field presnap offensive/defensive adjustments and maybe even preventing the same offensive/defensive play from being called more than twice in a row and more than 4 times in the same drive/possession.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

It's been a while what did fair play do? I only remember it making people punt on 4th down when the situation called for it.

These days with shake blitz, 5 audibles in 5 seconds, not sure what fair play could do with things like that.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Fair play would help, but I also think they shoud focus on the line play and their no huddle system. That's where lobby play becomes the most irritating for me personally. A list of things needed to work on..

1. Double team pass blocking and blocking ai
2. improvements and additions to slide protections available
3. Ratings adjustments to limit the usefulness of dropping all but one lineman back into coverage
4. Fair play settings to use if you choose
5. Limits on number of hot routes
6. added animations to extend the time it takes to call a hot route
7. limits on audibles that can be called with the personnel on the field, so that a base set isn't suddenly turned into a 4 wr set, etc.

Basically, EA needs to sit down and take a look at these things and also check out some of the rules online leagues are implementing see why those rules are used and work on getting those things fixed or offer settings that doesn't allow gamers to do that stuff. Bringing back fair play only fixes one of a dozen issues in the online game imo.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
It's been a while what did fair play do? I only remember it making people punt on 4th down when the situation called for it.
You had to punt on 4th down in certain situations. If you ran no huddle too much or in a situation that a team wouldn't run it in, you got a false start. If you called the same play too many times, it got grayed out. Can't onside kick except at the end of games. Can only go for 2 in certain situations. Those are the only ones I remember right now off the top of my head. There might have been more, but I can't remember.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-11-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
You had to punt on 4th down in certain situations. If you ran no huddle too much or in a situation that a team wouldn't run it in, you got a false start. If you called the same play too many times, it got grayed out. Can't onside kick except at the end of games. Can only go for 2 in certain situations. Those are the only ones I remember right now off the top of my head. There might have been more, but I can't remember.
Dang, I didn't remember all that, lol. Definitely bring that back ASAP!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I only remember the going for it on 4th, 2 pont conversion and onside kicks in certain situations. I didn't break those other rules to see what would happen tho either. Fair play like you describe would be a nice start.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

It would be an improvement, but it only addresses one problem with the online environment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »