Home

Madden NFL 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #465
Rookie

OVR: 0
re: Madden NFL 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here *(PS3 Vers. Online)*

Did someone say you can't download rosters without Gold?

This might stop me from buying the game, I really don't feel like paying for Gold on top of a new game right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #466
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
re: Madden NFL 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here *(PS3 Vers. Online)*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlayinSerb
Loving the demo, graphics nice, running game nice, new passing trajectory nice... now the big question, how will online play be? i swear it should be a rule to put out a beta for every online game... cause a game can be awesome, till it goes online
NBA2K is pretty much the poster child for this comment lol.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #467
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Ok I have to get some sleep. My overall Impressions:
I love a lot of what I see and there's some I don't like.

There are way to many big hit's IMO for one thing.
Also the new physics need "toned down" a bit. The least little touching seems to trigger more reaction than it really should. Just seems "off".

I also have seen a few double teams which is a nice thing.
Ball physics are a bit better but not all the way there yet...but better.

Crowd sounds are very nice!

Kinect is VERY hit or miss. Even tried turning volume down all the way and it was still 50/50 if it even heard me. Hope it's better in retail.

So overall I'm happy BUT I'm also hoping the game has been tuned a bit since the demo was finalized.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-14-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #468
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3

Honestly the gameplay feels like 11 and 12 and I don't see any physics type animations that make me say wow. The kinect works ok but saying things like "audible" never works well for me. Maybe there will be a patch out to fix this by launch. The commentary is very good and a upgrade from last years game.

No major glitches that i noticed which is nice compared to the mess from NCAA 13. The passing is so much fun and the receiver catching animations have a nice variety. I need more time with this demo to give an honest fair review. But with time with the demo i am sure to love this game just as much as Madden 10.

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #469
Rookie

JohnB405's Arena

OVR: 0

Had a play where I was running towards the end zone and got tackled about three yards from the goal line but the defender brought me down on top of his body and i rolled over him, never touched the ground, and went into the end zone and it was a TD. it was nice... and I love the contact when diving over the line into the end zone. got leveled in midair and flipped me all around..
Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #470
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Something I have never seen in Madden: I was the Giants and was Eli rolling to the right at the opponents 20-25 yard line. Pressure started to build and I was getting chased toward the sideline. I saw one of my receivers running parallel to me at the goal line. He was open but there were defenders 5-10 yards in front of him. I let it fly and tried to put some touch on it....but since I was running it floated a bit. A safety came up and jumped and swatted it, but the ball came down and one of my other receivers scooped it up (ala Franco Harris immaculate recptop style) at the 3 and scooted in for the TD. It was awesome!!!

I've been playing Madden for years and have the general impression that things like this never happen after a tipped ball. It seemed like 99 out of 100 times once a ball was batted, the play was basically over. This looks promising.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #471
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB405
Had a play where I was running towards the end zone and got tackled about three yards from the goal line but the defender brought me down on top of his body and i rolled over him, never touched the ground, and went into the end zone and it was a TD. it was nice... and I love the contact when diving over the line into the end zone. got leveled in midair and flipped me all around..
that was one of the first IE related animations that had me dropping my controller the first time i saw it. Had a guy roll over a player into the endzone for a TD.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #472
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

just downloaded the M13. Right away a few thoughts. Love the new opening and the menu setup! Gamespeed is to fast at this setting. Graphis have an arcadish quality. play by play for the gaem has been outstanding! Everything said has pertained to plays in the game. Animations are very fluid. Again, speed is arcadey (But I am used to playing the college game on very slow).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »