Home

Accepted Trades Here

This is a discussion on Accepted Trades Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Accepted Trades Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmanhattan814
Free agent sign and trades that I've made

Luis Castillo FA RE for chandler jones NE RE
Albert Haynesworth FA DT for Dontari Poe KC DT
Dave Henderson FA DT and 4th rd pick for Justin Blackmon JAX WR
Did you just do that for fun to see what you could do?

Seems like it would take all the fun/challenge out of it.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
Did you just do that for fun to see what you could do?

Seems like it would take all the fun/challenge out of it.
No, I dont think it takes the fun out of it. For me, I always used to do the fantasy draft for my franchise and pick rookies and younger players with high potential. Without that option this year I've just tried to get a few young studs at key positions. I literally spent a day trying to trade for guys I wanted. I was able to get a lot of the players I wanted just by trading picks and players already on my roster, but the salary cap became an issue with a ton of cap penalties. I actually accidentally discovered these FA sign and trades. I kept getting denied Chandler Jones no matter what I offered (playing as the Browns cus I wanted to rebuild a sucky team, but couldn't even get him with both my first round picks being offered). I picked up Castillo as a FA cuz I wanted a big dude at RE to stuff runs. After a hundred attempts I was completely shocked when New England said yes to a straight up trade Chandler Jones for Luis Castillo. This showed me 2 things, 1st is that scheme is über important to the trade logic. It makes sense and Castillo fits there scheme exactly. 2nd, signing and trading FA is better then trying to trade over paid players on your team with huge cap penalties. I wouldn't be doing any of this if there was a fantasy draft option, but it's either learn how to manipulate the trade logic to a certain extent or bitch and moan on the forum about that feature being left out. Whatever to that, I'm having fun with my Tebow led Browns.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #315
Rookie

Got QB Ryan Mallet, TE David Ausberry, RB LaMichael James, DE D'Quan Bowers and G Ben Ijalana in my Browns franchise. Can't remember the exact deals but surrendered Josh Cribbs, Chris Ogbonnya and Evan Moore in them. Plus my 5, 6, and 7 round picks for the next 2 years lol.

I'm more the type to just overpay to get young players I want, but made some pretty good deals and you can get pretty much anyone you want with picks. Particularly if you put a couple picks in there. I try to keep it fairly realistic if possible though. I'll sign some free agents after I struggle through this year. 2-2 and just got my *** handed to me by the Ravens...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #316
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign X
Got QB Ryan Mallet, TE David Ausberry, RB LaMichael James, DE D'Quan Bowers and G Ben Ijalana in my Browns franchise. Can't remember the exact deals but surrendered Josh Cribbs, Chris Ogbonnya and Evan Moore in them. Plus my 5, 6, and 7 round picks for the next 2 years lol.

I'm more the type to just overpay to get young players I want, but made some pretty good deals and you can get pretty much anyone you want with picks. Particularly if you put a couple picks in there. I try to keep it fairly realistic if possible though. I'll sign some free agents after I struggle through this year. 2-2 and just got my *** handed to me by the Ravens...
I traded away Mo Mass and a couple picks for James (49ers).
As for the Ravens... they beat me twice in the regular season, but I was able to bounce back and beat them in the Divisional playoff... barely.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #317
Pro

Jeven316's Arena

OVR: 5

As the Jets I traded away Bryan Thomas to the Rams for a fourth and seventh, then flopped those picks to the Bucs for Blount who was highly rated for my scheme.
Supporter
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #318
Rookie

OVR: 4

It took me something like two 2nds and a 3rd to get Mike Patterson (90 OVR DT).

Pierre Thomas took a 3rd to get.

I traded Shady Mccoy for a 1st and 5th.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #319
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

Has anyone been able to trade for Maurice Jones-Drew? I offered two 1sts and the Jags said no
Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #320
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

I traded a seventh rounder for Tavaris Jackson from BUF to SEA so I can try to get the Bills' roster to match up somewhat with reality. I retired as Gailey and bounced around the league to clean up some of the other errors, like trading Vontae Davis to the Colts (hard, had to offer a second and a fifth). I'm trying to think of decent compensation to trade for Jimmy Clausen, but I haven't decided if I will pull the trigger on that one yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »