Home

How to change coach schemes in CCM?

This is a discussion on How to change coach schemes in CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #17
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How to change coach schemes in CCM?

I would like some insight on this too. I read through the 188 page manual they released for CCM and it doesn't say anything about how to change schemes or how to manage them or even how the Schemes screen works.

If you cahnge the type of players you want on the scheme page and save it, it just reverts back to what it was the next time you load the game. Not sure if thats a bug or what.

If someone from the Madden team can step in here and give us some insight that would be great.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

just came in searching for a solution to this exact problem. created myself as a coach for the seahawks. during the creation screen, i changed my playbook to "run 'n' gun", my pass vs. run to 65/35, defense to 3-4 and am listed as a power running team with a base 4-3. not cool!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
Rookie

Wow. Can someone please find some sort of explanation/workaround for this?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Was messing around with this some more, everytime I make my own custom coach for the Lions it makes me West Coast offense and Spread defense. If I pick to use current coach and pick Jim Schwartz I get Vertical Offense and Attacking 4-3.

In both cases if I go to More, Strategy, Schemes it shows the Lions as Vertical Offense and Base 4-3. (Not even the same as the current teams real head coach)

So I don't get how this whole system works and the instruction manuals don't tell you either.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
Rookie

Is there some sort of Game Changer or EA Rep that can possibly explain the team scheme system? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #22
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Was messing around with this some more, everytime I make my own custom coach for the Lions it makes me West Coast offense and Spread defense. If I pick to use current coach and pick Jim Schwartz I get Vertical Offense and Attacking 4-3.

In both cases if I go to More, Strategy, Schemes it shows the Lions as Vertical Offense and Base 4-3. (Not even the same as the current teams real head coach)

So I don't get how this whole system works and the instruction manuals don't tell you either.
I'm seeing the same thing with whatever team I choose (regardless of starting playbook). It is always West Coast for Offense and Spread for D. This is clearly a glitch as "Spread" is not a defensive type and is not one of the options listed in the CCM Manual: http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resourc...eersManual.pdf

Throw in the fact that you can't use Custom Playbooks and I'm downright irritated.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

have a simple question.....did anyone actually test the game at EA before they released it? There seems to be so many issues with it and the EA mods seem all surprised at the feedback

Why is there no info on the issues on changing schemes as a coach for example. The manual they released as little issue of how to play the game.

CCM looks great but I really don't think they had the time to actually play it
Old 08-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

dylan123, QA testing has never been their forte. Thats why they release the demo so and ask for feedback and then they do 4 patches or so.

Right now we don't even know this is a bug or what, because there is no info on how it is supposed to work. I would guess having ever new coach be West Coast/Spread Defense is probably a bug, seems like you should be able to pick what schemes you like as a head coach when you create it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »