Home

What Determines "Importance" Inside The Coaching Schemes Screen (CCM)

This is a discussion on What Determines "Importance" Inside The Coaching Schemes Screen (CCM) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What Determines "Importance" Inside The Coaching Schemes Screen (CCM)

So i start up the retail version of CCM Offline.

I go into the stragety menu, then schemes menu. It allows me to determine which types of players i prefer at each postition. (West Coast QB, Balanced QB, Pocket Passer QB, ETC).

Right next to each position there is a 5 star rating that is titled "Importance".

Maybe i missed it, but does anyone know how this changes or how to change it?

For example the Ravens and Raiders both prefer "Strong Arm QBs"...But the Raiders Importance is 4 stars, while the Ravens is 5 stars.

Thanks to anyone in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What Determines "Importance" Inside The Coaching Schemes Screen (CCM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzo503
So i start up the retail version of CCM Offline.

I go into the stragety menu, then schemes menu. It allows me to determine which types of players i prefer at each postition. (West Coast QB, Balanced QB, Pocket Passer QB, ETC).

Right next to each position there is a 5 star rating that is titled "Importance".

Maybe i missed it, but does anyone know how this changes or how to change it?

For example the Ravens and Raiders both prefer "Strong Arm QBs"...But the Raiders Importance is 4 stars, while the Ravens is 5 stars.

Thanks to anyone in advance.
I have no way of knowing for certain but I would think that it could mean one of three things:

1. It determines targeting players in the draft (the Ravens would be more likely to look for a QB than the Raiders)
2. It determines how important the scheme of the player is to them (Ravens will only go after strong arm QBs, whereas the Raiders would be more likely to settle for others)
3. A combination of both

Keep in mind this is only speculatory
Old 08-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Thank you for the response.

I guess we will just have to wait and see...still doesn't make sense to me. Especially since you can't manually change it. LoL...*sigh*

The second reason you stated does make sense though in a way...but again... what determines a change? LoL. So much to learn still. Unless I just completely missed the explanation somewhere.

Last edited by Rezzo503; 08-25-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm gonna guess the importance/star aspect is how much you need someone to fill that position, like say you have a s***** QB, then there would be more stars because filling that position is of higher importance. I could be way off base here though.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzo503
Thank you for the response.

I guess we will just have to wait and see...still doesn't make sense to me. Especially since you can't manually change it. LoL...*sigh*

The second reason you stated does make sense though in a way...but again... what determines a change? LoL. So much to learn still. Unless I just completely missed the explanation somewhere.
If by what determines a change you mean when does the number of stars change, then for the Human controlled team I am guessing it is up to the user but for the CPU I don't know when it would change, maybe when a new coach is brought in or the current player at the position is no longer there (through retirement/free agency).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G
I'm gonna guess the importance/star aspect is how much you need someone to fill that position, like say you have a s***** QB, then there would be more stars because filling that position is of higher importance. I could be way off base here though.
I'm thinking its the other way around I doubt having Flacco they would need a QB while Palmer is solid just not the future of Oakland. Again as many have stated I have no clue just think it would make more sense this way.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Rookie

Thanks again for the responses. I was looking all over online, couldn't find an answer.

Im thinking Ozzy57 might be right. But im not positive.

Ill get on the game in about an hour an post the Scheme importance ratings for each position for a few teams. Maybe we can see a pattern?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

The bad thing is you can set them however you want (and save) but once you do a practice, a game or even leave the mode and load it back up... The scheme changes back to what it was before you changed it. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »