Home

Changing Position Types in CCM

This is a discussion on Changing Position Types in CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Changing Position Types in CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
The overall changes based on the scheme you have set for that position. However, as I noted early, it doesn't change any attributes like speed, awareness, tackling, throw power, etc. It merely changes the weight that the attribute factors into the overall.

Basically, you don't really have to change the scheme unless you are looking to sign or trade players. It doesn't effect gameplay, because their attributes are still the same and their still in the same depth chart position you put them in.
What about for simming?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #26
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
What about for simming?
That is actually a very good question. There are a number of factors that could determine if it has an effect. First of all, your depth chart will still be how you set it. They will also be limited to the playbook that you have.

So even though there overalls have changed, so long as they are still playing in the position you put them in and so long as their playing in the correct defense/offense (determined by playbook), then I don't see a problem.

The problem could potentially be if you don't have the correct playbook for your scheme and the defense uses plays that put them out of position. Which can very well be an issue, since you can't have custom playbooks. You just need to make sure you use a playbook from a team that has a similar scheme you are going for.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #27
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
The overall changes based on the scheme you have set for that position. However, as I noted early, it doesn't change any attributes like speed, awareness, tackling, throw power, etc. It merely changes the weight that the attribute factors into the overall.

Basically, you don't really have to change the scheme unless you are looking to sign or trade players. It doesn't effect gameplay, because their attributes are still the same and their still in the same depth chart position you put them in.
I guess what confuses me is your OP in which you said this

"If you didn't want to read all of that. Changing position types for your team as a coach doesn't take into affect until the next week. Meaning you will still see the overalls of players from your previous position types. In the next week the overalls will change for your new position types."

Using your example from earlier, if I'm the Colts and change my DE from 3-4 versitile to speed rusher, would Fili Moala's OVR change immediately to represent speed rusher then revert back to his 3-4 versitile OVR the next week?
Old 08-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #28
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
I guess what confuses me is your OP in which you said this

"If you didn't want to read all of that. Changing position types for your team as a coach doesn't take into affect until the next week. Meaning you will still see the overalls of players from your previous position types. In the next week the overalls will change for your new position types."

Using your example from earlier, if I'm the Colts and change my DE from 3-4 versitile to speed rusher, would Fili Moala's OVR change immediately to represent speed rusher then revert back to his 3-4 versitile OVR the next week?
Correct. I need to edit the OP. At first I thought it was the other way around.

EDIT: Updated OP with all the information I've discovered since starting this thread.

Last edited by PioneerRaptor; 08-25-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #29
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

I really hope they can fix the sliders/gameflow/scheme saving issue. It will really annoy me having to change it every week. Especially sliders!

To the OP - thanks for the heads up re: scheme changes. Madden isn't out in UK yet, and the scheme changes are something I was wondering about, so thanks for clearing it up.

Last edited by JimmyT85; 08-25-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #30
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
I really hope they can fix the sliders/gameflow/scheme saving issue. It will really annoy me having to change it every week. Especially sliders!

To the OP - thanks for the heads up re: scheme changes. Madden isn't out in UK yet, and the scheme changes are something I was wondering about, so thanks for clearing it up.
You're very welcome. I to hope they can fix these issues. Definitely sliders as that takes a lot of time to do every week.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #31
Rookie

JEvans14's Arena

OVR: 0

I might have missed it in here, but right now I'm playing as the Chiefs and they run a 3-4. Besides changing the position types each week, can I change the overall team scheme to a 4-3? Right now it's giving me the option to change 1 DT and 2 MLB's....

I see it listed up to as a 3-4, just curious if anyone's figured out out how to change that yet (if we even can).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #32
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEvans14
I might have missed it in here, but right now I'm playing as the Chiefs and they run a 3-4. Besides changing the position types each week, can I change the overall team scheme to a 4-3? Right now it's giving me the option to change 1 DT and 2 MLB's....

I see it listed up to as a 3-4, just curious if anyone's figured out out how to change that yet (if we even can).
That is what I am confused on, I change the players type but team scheme always stays the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »