Home

I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team...

This is a discussion on I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #137
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I think this is such a big deal because when it comes down to it, this is not an isolated incident.

Madden has issues year after year after year. Tiburon has a history of these "oversights" basic carelessness that they don't have to pay attention to for reasons we all know.

To give an example, I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan. So when Bethesda releases Skyrim, yea there are some bugs, but I give them the benefit of the doubt because they have developed a reputation to me of creating quality products with attention to detail and swift fixes to things that fall through the cracks.

Tiburon, on the other hand, has no benefit of the doubt because they have a history of blatantly ignoring problems with the very basic fundamentals of their games, delivering more excuses for why they "can't" do something than actual solutions, and year after year after year there are "oversights" that just shouldn't happen. And these oversights are legion even within each individual release. This year already has complaints about numbers, progressions, and schemes all not working properly and o ly a few people have had it all of a day. There is a trend here.

Its like the actual NFL... Someone might say "the Oakland Raiders need time to put all their pieces together", but since their last Super Bowl run in 2002 have the Raiders done ANYTHING worth giving the benefit of the doubt over? No.

Same with EA since that fateful day 8 years ago.

This year it is jersey #'s, progression, and schemes. Last year it was undrafted free agents. Every year its SOMETHING, and they are all pieces of a bigger problem.

Maybe jersey #'s in and of themselves aren't anything to get worked up about and are a simple fix, but when combined with the bigger picture, its a sign of a completely amateur, unprofessional, and borderline incompetent mentality over at EA / Tiburon.
Great points.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #138
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
Fortunately there is a work around, you have to release the player and resign them from free agency and they will be assigned another number. The bug is only in trading for some reason.

Thankfully there is a work around as I like my former Illini players, hehe.
Not to get off subject, but Sadly I moved to VA a year ago. Can't wait to get back to Chi-Town
Old 08-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #139
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

They clearly all where braylon Edwards fans.....hope they dont play like him....
Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

So just to get this straight ...

In the NFL, you can't have duplicate numbers but you can in Madden.

In college football, you can have duplicate numbers but you can't in NCAA.

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not that big, but this is really going to annoy me.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #141
Banned

OVR: 5

There is another "workaround" other than releasing and resigning. Retire from being a coach, create a player, make him the number you want to see changed. Once he is created all players with that number on your team will be changed. I know this doesn't completely solve the problem, because let's say I get a new number 21 on the packers, I either deal with multiple #21's, or none at all. Once you've changed the number, retire the created player and go back to the coach.

This could help with the guys who don't like to see certain numbers on their team (49ers #16, #80, etc...).

Also, it won't work unless you are controlling an existing coach. Otherwise you will lose your original created coach/player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcmac
Did anyone say it was a game breaker?

Some of us are really annoyed by it and have a right to be but no one said it was a game breaker.

I don't understand the people that feel the need to call others whiners or complainers, or pretty much telling us we should shut up. Most of us have been able to keep a civil discussion contained within a single thread. Are some people going to get more upset than others? Yes, but look at where we are, OS Forums, the most passionate fans.

It's borderline trolling. If you love the game then play it and post in the "I love this game" thread. If you think other issues are bigger than this, then post in those threads.

For me duplicate numbers isn't a deal breaker, but everything added together is making me think longer about my purchasing decision. Number issue may have been a small oversight, but think about it, are there any other big sports games that have this problem? in the past decade? and user editability was taken away? For me it's like building a car and forgetting to put the tail lights in. No other company made the oversight and while it's small, some people are going to be really peeved.
Haha. I like this... and agree 100%
Old 08-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #143
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl221
I'm not even sure why this is a big issue. From what I can recall from the demo, the use of the quick substitution feature gives the player's name and number. So as long as you take a look at that, you'll know which receiver is which.
Yes and no. But take a situation like this for example.

Frank Gore is #21 on the 49ers. Lets say for some reason I trade for another RB who is #21 (I'm blanking at the moment on another HB with that number, but just work with me here...)

I run a few plays with Frank Gore consecutively. He's getting fatigued, but the formations continually show #21 in packages. I call a run play thinking its Gore, when really its Halfback 21 #2, who could have a potentially completely different skill set, and I call an incorrect play for him.

It is an issue outside of just immersion.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #144
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Yea I dont think anyone called it a game breaker at least not a sane person.

If anything its just build up frustration because people were basically predicting something like this would happen 3 months ago.

-Juke

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »