Home

Madden 13 Score Updates While You Play

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Score Updates While You Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 13 Score Updates While You Play

Hello all, Question: When you are playing a game in Franchise does an update of scores for other games in the league pop up or is this not in this year too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 13 Score Updates While You Play

There are no updates from other games that I've seen.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Rookie

EvolutionSn1per's Arena

I am from Australia, and Season Ticket won't allow me to download the pre-release version for another 34 hours. Anyway, I highly doubt they would do that. It seems like something EA would have already talked about. It is a very good idea though.

Here's an example of how it would be a really good feature:
You are controlling the Packers, and the Bears are playing their opponent at the same time. You have a 14-1 record, and the Bears are 13-2. You are struggling against your opponent in the fourth quarter, and Rodgers has just been injured. You have to decide whether to take him out or leave him on, when you see the Bears are down 45-7. You can then safely take Rodgers off and give the game to your opponent. Without this feature, you wouldn't know what is happening in the other game, and you would need to keep Rodgers on to be safe.
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - New Jersey Devils
F1 - Red Bull F1 Racing
Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

That actually happened last year. The Cowboys were playing on Sunday night, but since the Giants had already won their game and the season was coming down to a Week 17 Cowboys @ Giants matchup, it didn't matter whether or not the Cowboys won. Tony Romo injured himself early in the game and Jerry Jones came down to make sure he didn't come back in.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
Rookie

triplela's Arena

OVR: 3

This was a feature in last gen Madden. Another reason to boycott this year's Madden. Can I get a job with EA? I can't call them lazy because this Connected Careers thing, while a mess, was a big change from previous Maddens. I call them incompetent. Maybe that's a good word. No fantasy drafts, no multi player franchises on one console, no imported draft classes, no CPU vs CPU in CC and (my favorite) no coach mode when playing Connected Careers as a coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

It really sucks not knowing how the other teams in your league are doing while you are playing your game.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
It really sucks not knowing how the other teams in your league are doing while you are playing your game.
The crazy thing is that NCAA 13 has the bottom line ticker and it would be a no brainer in Madden as well, minus the ESPN branding. I hope this was just a result of them including so much other stuff into Madden, that a CCM bottom line ticker couldn't make it in until M14. However, I believe it has far more to do with some asinine notion from the "top" that both games need to be unique, regardless of what features they should share.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
Rookie

I really hope EA can add this in a future patch. How nice it would be to see how other games are doing while you are playing your game. This would be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »