Home

Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

This is a discussion on Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

I've got no problem with being able to be connected 24 hours a day, I just want all the features we've had in the past (editing, multiplayer, fantasy draft, Custom Playbooks etc.) back in the game and for people to be able to play the game offline the same way the people play online minus all the web/mobile controll.

How hard is it to combine what we've had into CCM now that it's built and make everyone happy?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Wait, no season mode?

Is "Play Now" the only offline option?
Connected Careers can be played completely offline.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

Well thought out post and a nice thread. Your right about everything you said and the fact Peter Moore actually said that disgusts me. We know your making a buck but you don't have to so blatantly spit it out ,that's just rude and poor judgment. If they are going to alienate anyone it should be their R&D the last 6 years... Not the offline consumer!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Connected Careers can be played completely offline.
not usre if you read the tweet by looman saying the issues for CCM can be avoided by playing onine.
Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #13
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
"Moore wants people to be connected to gaming 24 hours a day, whether its through their console, PC, tablet, or smartphone."

- Peter Moore, EA
http://www.geimin.co.uk/ea-coo-tryin...ransformation/

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fair enough, Mr. Moore. As a business owner I can respect your reasoning. However, as a consumer, I can't help but wonder if the online push your company is making is somewhat "punishing" those of us who choose to play your game offline.

I am not thrilled to lose Franchise mode, but I don't want to make this thread about that. I appreciate the initiative EA took with this years game, but I feel very shackled when I venture into the connected careers coach mode. Right off the bat the inability to load your sliders in is a let down, but other features that were in past games are now gone in favor of the online related bias C.C. presents.

I understand that while connected to the servers your company can offer some dynamic upgrades and that is something as an offline gamer I can live without, but after reading your quote I truly feel I and others like me are getting the short end of the stick with the new franchise-like mode.

I paid the same $60 for my game as everyone else, and even did something I never thought I would do - Purchased the season ticket.

I did this not because some marketing gimmick suckered me in or because the benefits were that great, but rather because I experienced the demo and was impressed enough with the gameplay improvements that I truly wanted Madden early. I had no problem paying my money for something that I felt had earned it.

See, that is how you "Make a buck." When the product quality is making nice strides and consumers see time and effort are put forth, people will pay for the extras because they want to. With your company heavily pushing the online modes onto those of us who can't or don't want to play online you are only upsetting people, and not creating opportunity for more money.

I am not bitter nor sitting here with my head in the sand. Online gaming is more than likely going to continue to grow bigger and bigger and that's awesome. But I feel like C.C.'s was aimed heavily at the online crowd and by removing franchise really put us offline players in a bad spot.

Otherwise Madden 13 is a big step in the right direction and something I don't regret purchasing. I can only hope this post (and others) will reach the right people and reassure us offline players that we will not be forgotten about.
No wonder it seem like everybody who is evolved with this Madden game seem to be trying to manipulate people to play online.

Single player CCM online? Really?

-Juke
Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #14
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
Well thought out post and a nice thread. Your right about everything you said and the fact Peter Moore actually said that disgusts me. We know your making a buck but you don't have to so blatantly spit it out ,that's just rude and poor judgment. If they are going to alienate anyone it should be their R&D the last 6 years... Not the offline consumer!!!
Exactly. Sure you see the more successful businessmen in your area silently boasting their accomplishments through nice cars, a big house, etc... but how many of them rub it in during a local newspaper interview?

By the way, thanks for serving if that's what your username indicates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluke8878
not usre if you read the tweet by looman saying the issues for CCM can be avoided by playing onine.
Yes, that's another issue that should be addressed. I get that EA feels it can offer more to people who play their game online, but it doesn't justify them ignoring the offline crowd.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I thought more people played offline?? Am I wrong about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Reading this makes sense. This is what EA does, it's almost as if people forgot who we are dealing with here. I mean they were voted worst company in america? A VIDEO GAME publisher....scary. So of course the same business practice would reach EA Sports ESPECIALLY Madden.

I have no doubt that editing rosters such as equipment, numbers, names and other small franchise standards that have anything to do with the customer (US) playing offline and alone is the LAST THING they want because they can't get to you from there. The devs left this stuff out ON PURPOSE. If you don't believe me, what other franchise this year is EA pissing off there customers with by nickle and dimeing them with DLC, premium passes, rented servers...It's not a conspiracy or EA being "evil" It's just good business or bad, depending on your own preference for what is acceptable when running a multi-billion dollar company.

I personally am not affected by this, I started losing my taste for BF3 about a week or 2 before the rented servers started showing up so I traded it in for the Witcher 2 and haven't looked back. And right at this moment installing Madden 13 that I RENTED for $3 on my 360 hardrive, what can I say? I wanna play football haha but damned if I'm gonna let this company bend me over like they did with Madden 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »