Home

Online vs Offline one-player CCM

This is a discussion on Online vs Offline one-player CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Online vs Offline one-player CCM

I prefer to play single-player 'franchise mode', or CCM.

Being able to use the online site for team-tweaking at work sounds like a hoot..and also the insta-fixes by the Madden devs that come from playing online instead of offline.

Is there any disadvantage then to playing a Single Player online CCM?

The only I can see at this point is that the EA servers can be unreliable and if they are down, you can't play your online CCM. Offline users have no such worries, but you have to wait for any fixes in a certified patch, and no online site to play with.

Thoughts?

NOTE: If this has been hashed over already, I must have missed it...and please delete.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Online vs Offline one-player CCM

I don't like that EA is trying to funnel everyone online with CC. Why would offline people have to wait for a tuner that would be available to online people? NCAA doesn't do that.

Having to run my CC off of the EA servers scares me. I have already heard of people doing a 1-player Online CC that lost their connections 45 minutes into a game. I'd hate to play nearly an entire game, only for the connection to the server to drop.

At this point, I'm probably going to do a test Offline CC and then wait for the patch to start my real CC.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I don't like that EA is trying to funnel everyone online with CC. Why would offline people have to wait for a tuner that would be available to online people? NCAA doesn't do that.

Having to run my CC off of the EA servers scares me. I have already heard of people doing a 1-player Online CC that lost their connections 45 minutes into a game. I'd hate to play nearly an entire game, only for the connection to the server to drop.

At this point, I'm probably going to do a test Offline CC and then wait for the patch to start my real CC.
Hey DJ..thanks for the post!

Yeah, I think you have a good idea there. i'll fire up a 'test' online CC and see how the servers do. Their unpredicatability is what spurred this post in the first place, and also my interest in the website.

"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

So far I've played three preseason games in my solo online CCM and was disconnected once. That said, my disconnect happened around 1am... and I've had other weird internet behavior before around that time... I think it might be when my ISP does maintenance and such... But still even with the small sample size, dropping a third of my games outright isn't a great start. Of course, this first CCM is just a sandbox game, I'm just poking around and checking things out .. I am waiting for first patch to decide if my 'serious' CCM will be online or offline.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
I tried the online CCM last night but after 3 games not counting I said screw it and went offline. Not worth the hassle.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

Thanks nunyerbiz and aukevin.

Playing the game of your life and then 'losing' it to a disconnect would be a hair-pulling experience! We'll see how it goes in a test CCM.

"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 08-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Playing as the Vikings last night, I beat the 49ers in game 3. Ponder had a stellar game, AP ran for 140 and Harrison Smith recorded 2 picks (which would have been a HUGE boost to his season goals) and as i was literally leaving the loading screen to bring me back to the menu i got disconnected. I feel like shoving a cucumber up my *** and doing cartwheels in the freeway. Im still salty. How often is this **** going to happen? Do I risk it happening again when i have a better game? Im playing on AM with cpu sliders 100 and mine sans Pass Acc at 0 so i rarely will have games like this. What i waste of my f'n time. Fascists.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

The other think that stinks online is the lag. I have very fast internet but so many people are online that I got kicked off twice during a game. I just want to play franchise and build my team up, not play anyone online. Plus, replays are have a frame rate of 1 there terrible. If I was an online player, I wouldn't mind but I'm playing by myself and yes, that's what she said.

There are lots of pluses and I see why they did it, but there should be separate servers or something for the folks wanting to play by themselves to rid the lag and getting knocked off issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »