Home

Minus the Infinity Engine, Madden scores a ?/10.

This is a discussion on Minus the Infinity Engine, Madden scores a ?/10. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Minus the Infinity Engine, Madden scores a ?/10.

I would say 7/10. They have made great advancements and I enjoy all the different game modes. I would like it if the Player connected career was a little more indepth but I like what they did overall.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

This is a somewhat creative, although completely illogical, negative thread.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:51 AM   #11
Rookie

corndog86's Arena

OVR: 1

Gameplay (minus Infinity Engine) - First off, I haven't bought Madden since '09 so I see a whole lot of changes in gameplay. I like that I have more time to look around for my open receivers and at the same time better secondary coverage. Also, rushing stats seem to be accurate. CPU is still dumb on offense, playcalling and execution. They will have an open hole and just run into their O-line or run in 90 degree angles. I watched Sam Bradford air out a short pass to an open guy... by the time it came down there were 4 defenders there to knock it down. I've been doing GameFlow playcalling for my CC superstar and at times they tell me to run the ball in situations where you need to be passing. This is an old issue from 2009! I'm not gonna judge IE but I gotta tell you I have seen some funny stuff happening after the play. How to Improve: CPU AI. I'm pretty sure this will never be fixed.

Ultimate Team -
Awesome! Love playing online with fantasy teams and mixing that with collecting cards and buying card packs! I feel like a kid ripping them open to find some studs and duds, minus the bubble gum. Just wish card packs were cheaper. 35,000 coins to buy an All-Pro pack (you get about 800 coins for one win). Auctions are cool, but right now demand is higher than supply and player card prices are sky high. Still great! How to Improve: Lower Card Pack prices

Connected Career - So close to being perfect. Made my player but progression is too slow. If you start out on the bench, it will take a full season of just practicing to raise your speed up one point. The only way to get XP points are practice and game/season goals. If you're on the bench, you do not progress. Even starting a game, figuring you average 250+ yards and 3 TDs a game, you get 50,000 XP a year. Like I said earlier, to raise your Speed up 1 point, it takes 20,000 XP. I don't mind spending time to earn XP but geez, I won't be starting until my 10th year in the league! How are you supposed to get better??? Other side notes, the game could add some side stories if they want to be a true sports RPG. Let me buy different houses, cars, or apparel. Let me edit my player! Let me star in commercials, photo shoots for magazines, reality show, etc. How to Improve: Lower Progression prices!!! Get more in-depth with off-the-field activities.

Overall: 4/10. Keep in mind, this is just my initial feedback after playing for 3 days, but so far the gameplay is the same with minor tweaks that I probably just missed from 2010-2012. Ultimate Team and Connected Career coin and XP pricing just makes me sick and uninspired to keep playing. I'm sure some will shell out their wallets to speed up the process of buying card packs in Ultimate team but I should be able to enjoy this game without DLC. The only reason I gave this game a 4 is because I'm a Redskins fan and I'm excited to play with RGIII online. Congratulations EA! You won your monopoly court agreement and another $60 out of me. This is why I need to start renting sports games. How to Improve: Allow another franchise to make NFL games. Maybe that'll light a fire under the creators. ESPN 2k5 is still the champion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #12
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog86

Ultimate Team -
Awesome! Love playing online with fantasy teams and mixing that with collecting cards and buying card packs! I feel like a kid ripping them open to find some studs and duds, minus the bubble gum. Just wish card packs were cheaper. 35,000 coins to buy an All-Pro pack (you get about 800 coins for one win). Auctions are cool, but right now demand is higher than supply and player card prices are sky high. Still great! How to Improve: Lower Card Pack prices
All-Pro costs 9000. The only problem I'm having with MUT, and this is just recently; the match making matches me with people in a H2H ranked game, or when they are in CCM mode. I have no idea why it tries to match me this way, nor do I know how to correct this issue. So I'm not getting much time in MUT right now because it isn't match making properly.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #13
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is a somewhat creative, although completely illogical, negative thread.

Thanks, I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »