Home

Minus the Infinity Engine, Madden scores a ?/10.

This is a discussion on Minus the Infinity Engine, Madden scores a ?/10. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Minus the Infinity Engine, Madden scores a ?/10.

6/10

For the additions of CCM, improved commentary and presentation, better crowd noise, new catching animations (though receivers still dont go after the ball like they should because catches are still canned), pass defense improvments, and the new passing trajectories.

But after extensive playing time with this game the gameplay is starting to get repetitive, predictable and boring to me. The only thing I look forward to when playing a game are the IE moments, but I dont know if thats enough to keep me playing this game for much longer. The only reason I bought this game for the first time since 2009 was because of the IE, now that Ive tried it out, I really like it but other lingering gameplay issues spoll the entire experience for me.

But I do think this game is headed in the right direction, hopefully they keep it up and dont revert back to gimmicks that only last a short while before they are taken out of the game. I hope Madden 14 will be the year I really can go back to playing a NFL football game, my favorite sport; and the only way I will even think about purchasing Madden 14 is if they rebuild the long overdue blocking and line play and find a way to make the game challenging without cheesy cpu play.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 09-01-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Minus the Infinity Engine, Madden scores a ?/10.

8/10

I love everything about the game. Is it realistic and perfect? No; but it's a great video game. I love CCM and it has tons more to be added next year. This is the future and if they fix a few things, I would have to say 2K Sports couldn't compete if they had a lisense.

Unfortunetly, this game currently has a few bugs that makes it unplayable. But that's my fault for buying it on release day rather than waiting around Thanksgiving when most bugs have been patched and updated rosters are constantly updated.

Issues I have with the game:
Formation subs. It's impossible to set them without getting delay of game and they don't carry over to the next game. I wish they would add it to the coach settings or make the play clock stop while you set them.

Sim stats are horrible in CCM. Most teams score 40-50 points a game with 500-700 total yards. Needs to be fixed.

I'm not a big complainer on the edit players being removed, but I'd like to be able to change positions whether whenever I want or in the off-season like NCAA.

That's basically it. I'd give 9/10 once some bugs are fixed. People will cry about the littlest features being removed but I don't really care. Why keep fantasy draft when they have MUT now? And editing player ratings defeats the purpose of running a franchise.

What I'd like to see? As a commissioner, the ability to add new merger teams and divisions with a NCAA TeamBuilder type system to creat custom teams with whatever logos you want. Or a new mode where you're the coach of a new team and you have all these goals to complete to lead them to success.

And I'd like an EA radio type feature instead of soundtracks. Like Madden 06 or whichever year it was.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

I don't know, but I'll say this much: After feeling absolutely taken last year, this is the first year in over a decade that I did not show up at Gamestop for the midnight release. And I still haven't bought it. After reading all the feedback, I feel damn happy that I held off. I know EA - $60 = not one bit of difference, but I can at least feel some satisfaction that I didn't pay good money for another two or three months of aggravation.

I wish, for once, that EA would just TRY one simple idea: Dump ALL resources, just once, for one year, into making the game SMARTER. Forget graphical improvements, gimmicky mode ideas, presentation overhauls, and the rest of it. Just improve the damn AI. Make coverages better, make AI playcalling better, make AI situational awareness better, make trade logic better. Cuz I'll tell you what, if the game looked like year-one Madden on the PS2, but PLAYED like it had true football intelligence, I'd buy it for the 360. Even the 720. In fact, if it had real football intelligence, I'd pay $100 for it. Every-freaking-year. I don't know if I'm the minority here, but I would HAPPILY pay for a game that tested my football IQ, that allowed me to really get in-depth with it, to have a deep and real franchise experience, but wasn't the greatest graphically.

Why they won't even ATTEMPT this approach is beyond me. WTF do they have to lose?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
I don't know, but I'll say this much: After feeling absolutely taken last year, this is the first year in over a decade that I did not show up at Gamestop for the midnight release. And I still haven't bought it. After reading all the feedback, I feel damn happy that I held off. I know EA - $60 = not one bit of difference, but I can at least feel some satisfaction that I didn't pay good money for another two or three months of aggravation.

I wish, for once, that EA would just TRY one simple idea: Dump ALL resources, just once, for one year, into making the game SMARTER. Forget graphical improvements, gimmicky mode ideas, presentation overhauls, and the rest of it. Just improve the damn AI. Make coverages better, make AI playcalling better, make AI situational awareness better, make trade logic better. Cuz I'll tell you what, if the game looked like year-one Madden on the PS2, but PLAYED like it had true football intelligence, I'd buy it for the 360. Even the 720. In fact, if it had real football intelligence, I'd pay $100 for it. Every-freaking-year. I don't know if I'm the minority here, but I would HAPPILY pay for a game that tested my football IQ, that allowed me to really get in-depth with it, to have a deep and real franchise experience, but wasn't the greatest graphically.

Why they won't even ATTEMPT this approach is beyond me. WTF do they have to lose?
Have you seen any of the Dev team? I remember seeing a video on YouTube a good 4-5 years ago and he didn't even know the guys on Sports Center and similar shows are former stars. They don't know football.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

Why would you rate the game without the infinity engine? Its the largest improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Minus the enhancements to ice t wife coco how would you rate her??? Lol great thing is we don't have to ponder these things because both are great and I love their physics
Old 09-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #7
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
Why would you rate the game without the infinity engine? Its the largest improvement.
Trying to see if people think the gameplay is bascially the same as it has been in years past without the IE engine. Seems if though EA has made us suffer so long, some of us have lowered our standards.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
Minus the enhancements to ice t wife coco how would you rate her??? Lol great thing is we don't have to ponder these things because both are great and I love their physics
That is awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »