Home

CCM advice (Player)

This is a discussion on CCM advice (Player) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CCM advice (Player)

So I have read a few things around here but haven't seen much on anyone creating a WR in this new mode. I am looking for advice on how I can become better as a player at the WR position.

1st question - Is there any benefit from being a late round pick or first rounder? Will the ratings be higher or lower depending on where you are picked?

2. Route Running - What is the best way to run good routes and leave the DB in the dust? I think I read somewhere I want to hit the right stick when making my cuts? I'm playing on PS3.

3. What are some things I need to do to improve my players ratings? I created him as a speed late round pick for the Baltimore Ravens but been working so haven't had the time to really start any games yet.

4. Roster moves - am I able to make any moves to the teams roster? Can I make trades, draft, depth chart, anything?

5. Story lines - Is there story lines in this mode with my player?

Thanks for all help/advice.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CCM advice (Player)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24
So I have read a few things around here but haven't seen much on anyone creating a WR in this new mode. I am looking for advice on how I can become better as a player at the WR position.

1st question - Is there any benefit from being a late round pick or first rounder? Will the ratings be higher or lower depending on where you are picked?

2. Route Running - What is the best way to run good routes and leave the DB in the dust? I think I read somewhere I want to hit the right stick when making my cuts? I'm playing on PS3.

3. What are some things I need to do to improve my players ratings? I created him as a speed late round pick for the Baltimore Ravens but been working so haven't had the time to really start any games yet.

4. Roster moves - am I able to make any moves to the teams roster? Can I make trades, draft, depth chart, anything?

5. Story lines - Is there story lines in this mode with my player?

Thanks for all help/advice.

Let's see if I can offer any help:
1: Yes, the High Draft Pick will start with the best overall stats based on the position / type chosen. Low Draft Pick will start with an average set of skills and Undrafted will be the lowest (not too bad though, my undrafted MLB started out as a 70). Your initial goals will be based off this too, the better you are, the higher the expectations.

2: I'm not too good as a WR, sorry The only thing I can think of is upping your Route Running and Release maybe.

3: Your rating is tied into the teams scheme. Your Speed Receiver might have a tough time cracking the starting lineup because they look for Possession receivers. There are two approaches you could take to this; you could either work on the attributes for the style you wanted to be- Speed, or you could try to work on the attributes that fit the team scheme (which will cause your overall to go up in their eyes). If you want to work on the Speed Receiver, the overall factors Speed and Acceleration more heavily than others. You may also want to invest in Release to help beat the press. If you want to try to fit into the Ravens Philosophy, increase the stats that Possession favors- CIT and Route Running. Of course, you could just keep increasing anything you want and eventually your overall will increase.

4:As a player, nope. All out of your control.

5: You'll get mentioned in tweets (Right word?) from time to time, but as far as an actual storyline, no.

I hope this helped!
Chris
Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris33cc
Let's see if I can offer any help:
1: Yes, the High Draft Pick will start with the best overall stats based on the position / type chosen. Low Draft Pick will start with an average set of skills and Undrafted will be the lowest (not too bad though, my undrafted MLB started out as a 70). Your initial goals will be based off this too, the better you are, the higher the expectations.

2: I'm not too good as a WR, sorry The only thing I can think of is upping your Route Running and Release maybe.

3: Your rating is tied into the teams scheme. Your Speed Receiver might have a tough time cracking the starting lineup because they look for Possession receivers. There are two approaches you could take to this; you could either work on the attributes for the style you wanted to be- Speed, or you could try to work on the attributes that fit the team scheme (which will cause your overall to go up in their eyes). If you want to work on the Speed Receiver, the overall factors Speed and Acceleration more heavily than others. You may also want to invest in Release to help beat the press. If you want to try to fit into the Ravens Philosophy, increase the stats that Possession favors- CIT and Route Running. Of course, you could just keep increasing anything you want and eventually your overall will increase.

4:As a player, nope. All out of your control.

5: You'll get mentioned in tweets (Right word?) from time to time, but as far as an actual storyline, no.

I hope this helped!
Chris
This was helpful and much appreciated that you took the time to explain it to me.
I created a WR thinking the Ravens could use one with Boldins contract expiring soon. I got a good 3Q in the first preseason game had 6 catches for 93 yards and a touchdown. It said my goals were 6 catches for 79 yards and a TD. So I met them.
I'm assuming to boost your ratings you need to earn XP points then apply where you see fit?
I think I will take your advice of boosting my route running and release. My guy has 97 speed and 96 acceleration but seems to be slow when breaking into his route. I need to figure out the best way to run routes. I thought about creating a Inside LB to take over for Ray when he walks away but I'm terrible in coverage.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CCM advice (Player)

Not a problem at all, I'm glad I could help. Yeah, XP will fuel your ratings. You should start seeing playing time in the regular season as a 3rd / 4th wideout and possibly a KR with your speed. It may take a season of doing the practices and the preseason games, but you'll eventually earn enough to improve your overall to starting levels. Good luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »